The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Marlo, Revolutionary Card Technique (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Krumb
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, WA
300 Posts

Profile of Krumb
Does anyone know where I can find a table of contents for this?

Also, what are your thoughts on the book??
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Contents:
Preface by Bill Malone
Introduction by David Ben
Cardician Marlo by Frances Marshall
Acknowledgements
Detailed Contents
I. Miracle Card Changes
II. Action Palm
III. Fingertip Control
IV. The Side Steal
V. The Tabled Palm
VI. The Faro Shuffle
VII. Faro Notes
VIII. Seconds, Centers and Bottoms (Part One)
IX. Seconds, Centers and Bottoms (Part Two)
X. Seconds, Centers and Bottoms (Part Three)
XI. The Multiple Shift
XII. Card Switches
XIII. Estimation (Part One)
XIV. Estimation (Part Two)
Index

Shane Wiker
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
It's a great book, however you are going to need a lot of practice time to learn the contents. If you are interested in difficult sleights...some which may not be overly practical...then this will be a good buy.
My only complaint is that there are far to many variations of the same sleight (such as the second deal etc.)...this is not neccessarily a criticism, as some may prefer to have many to chose from...but it means trying a lot of different variations until you find one that suits you.
Owen
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Don't forget, you can visit my site and follow the Marlo button and select his work by book. It will then print out the items contained in the book!
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
markhammagi
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of markhammagi
I think that Marlo's RCT is one of the classics of card magic, but I consider it a "post graduate" course. You may be better served by first working through Roberto Giobbi's Card college series before you tackle the Marlo book.

I also think that a magical mentor is a prerequisite for this book. Many years ago, I remember skipping past a number of the moves because I didn't think that they would work. I later saw David Ben perform those same moves flawlessly, and returned to the book with a newfound appreciation for the material.
Andy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Marlo, Revolutionary Card Technique (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL