The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Gazzo Uncensored (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
Is this a good video, do you learn a lot?
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5367 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
If you're smart you will learn something new everytime you watch gazzo, cellini sheriden or me Smile
gazzo is great!

koz
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
No, he does not. This is a performance only video. But there's a LOT more there than meets the eye. Don't bother with what he does or how he does it. Watch carefully for the why.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Gazzo on Cups and balls tips it all.

But I have both of the Gazzo vids and they are both good in their own ways. The cups and balls is a teaching video, but you will learn a lot watching the uncensored performance video.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Are the Gazzo videos on DVD? If so, who sells them?

These seem like a natural complement to the Cellini "Art of Stree Performing" DVDs.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of kOnO
The Gazzo Video's are great!!!! I don't think they are on DVD. I think you can still get the tapes from Dennymagic.com

I know they are getting harder to find every day.....

HIGHLY RECOMENDED
kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I just purchased the Gazzo Uncensored video and it had me rolling on the floor with laughter!! I particularly enjoyed his routine at the Magic Castle. However, I was a little surprised to see him use many of the same "adult oriented" lines at an outdoor event with many children present.

Now, I'm the first to admit that I'm not a street performer. Do different rules apply to the entertainment of children when performing on the street?
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
Quote:
On 2004-10-15 10:36, magicman845 wrote:
Now, I'm the first to admit that I'm not a street performer. Do different rules apply to the entertainment of children when performing on the street?

In most cases you will find that children are part of the natural environment in this performing condition. Also, as far as the street, you, the entertainer, are there for everyone to see. You can not close yourself off from any one group. That is one consideration or view point.

I would recommend The Art of Krowd Keeping to read as it has some interesting insight on this very topic.
Tarbell Magic
View Profile
Regular user
UK
130 Posts

Profile of Tarbell Magic
The Gazzo Uncensored video is very funny - and yes, it is a performance-only tape.

Try and check out the Gazzo books if you can. They make a great companion to the video.

BTW: Some of Gazzo's Quincy Market show is repeated on Cellini's Art of Street Performing III (with commentary). The Cellini DVD's are also essential viewing!
crazymagic
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of crazymagic
It is a very funny video, however, you wont learn much from it.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5367 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Oh come on....Gazzo is brillant. You will learn a lot from it. And one line is worth a ton of money....One line. And if you can't get a line from Gazzo you can't get a line.

koz
Avrakdavra
View Profile
Loyal user
The Pine Tree State, USA
224 Posts

Profile of Avrakdavra
Seeing this video finally got across to me how much the magic is servant to the entertainment rather than being an end unto itself.
Having seen him, it seems to me that Gazzo could be entertaining if given any three random objects and a crowd to perform for. The fact that he does some skillful magic as his method is almost incidental.
I did have some trouble with the sound on the video(wish he had been better mic'd), but it was not too bad. You'll want to watch it a few times; as with any expereinced performer, there are many layers of action to look for and appreciate.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5367 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Avrak,congrats....you just got it....magic doesn't matter......it really doesn't

giovanni was at the ibm convention inbuffalo a few years ago, it was defining moment in magic career...
his friend challenged him that its the trick and not the presentation....gio vowed no its the presentation and for $100 i'lll prove it....so his friend pick the pogo stick.....gio came out in front of 1000 magicians and just kicked their and my asses...it was great....KILLER!...he could have sold 500 pogo sticks if it came with the patter...it was that good...its not the magic guys...its the entertainment...thats a fact

koz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Gazzo Uncensored (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL