The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Who to work for local restaurants or chains? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bascomb Grecian
View Profile
Loyal user
Redding, Ca.
202 Posts

Profile of Bascomb Grecian
In my neck of the woods I have had success getting hired by local "mom and pop" owned restaurants. How about all you other restaurant magicians out there? I have worked for large corporate restaurants, but it seems to me lately, only the smaller local establishments want to consider magic. Is this the case for you?
Welcome to The Magic Cafe'!
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
My advice is to work for whoever you can! But usually, it's easier to get hired by a local restaurant than a chain. Often the "decision-maker" for a chain is several states away and not interested in hiring a magician in an area he's never even been to!

There are exceptions to this, however, such as chains where other magicians are already working. The old "Who's Where " at the back of MAGIC magazine was helpful for this.

With a couple of exceptions, all of my restaurant work over a decade was with local establishments or local chains.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Luke Kerr
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Luke Kerr
I think that if i own a chain i'll prefer giving the entertainment plan to an organization that guarantee and send magicians in all my restaurants than find one by one my entertainers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Who to work for local restaurants or chains? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL