The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Help on equipment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Hi Guys,

What equipment wud I have to use to have effects during perfomance of an illusion. Like a whoosh noise, or lets say I want a crash sound effect. I want a stand alone equipment. While my soundtrack is playing and I'm performing. U never know when a girl is ready to make her appearance. The moment varies. So I need something where if my sound guys touches a button you get an audience applause effect instantly. A touch of another button and you get a whooooop. And so on. This should be electronic. As nothing including CD will start instantly. And the job of repositioning is impossible. So please suggest. Is there something like a octapad or percussion or simple keyboard which can be used for these effects ?
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I've seen that box your describing Kandu has one I beleive he is out of florida. but I have no idea of the name of the box.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
One option would be a keyboard with the effects/sounds you need programmed to each key. That key would simply be pressed at the correct time. I'm sure there is a software program that could do the same, but the keyboard would be the stable way to go.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
There also used to be some sound effect generators that sold sold for about $100. Check video production gear or Radio Shack. I don't know if the sound is there or not.

Kevin, is correct. The keyboard would be the easy way to go. It could be worked into a laptop.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Help on equipment (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL