The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Black tigers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
poiboy28056
View Profile
New user
N. Carolina
13 Posts

Profile of poiboy28056
Are the black tiger cards have a different coating or just a different color? ill probibly buy some anyway but I was just wandering. also do you think that there worth the extra cost?
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I don't feel that they are worth the extra cost, but many people do.

I will stick with my regular blue/red bikes.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
Here in my country almost always I'm sold out. I have to re-order again.

It seems to be really hot!
Dawai
View Profile
Regular user
Honolulu,Hawaii
131 Posts

Profile of Dawai
Yes,I don't thinks its worth the month. But its okay for card collection. One more to my collection
mortonch
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of mortonch
I got a packet but Im not convinced they were worth the money. I will keep them in good condition and just pull them out for special occasions.
-Chris-
Piper1973
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Piper1973
They really just look cool. But, they do feel different. They don't seem to react any differently when I practice with them.
Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, New York
182 Posts

Profile of Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
They feel the same to me. They are really cool looking, but when you use them, it is harder to convince your spectator that it is not a "trick deck". Also, the fronts are all black and white, so color changes don't look as cool.
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
I have a deck simply as a curiousity. Of course your spectator would think that they are a gaffed deck. Still, they are simply beautiful.
Duxx
View Profile
New user
Toronto Scarborough
19 Posts

Profile of Duxx
I ran out to get them as soon as my local magic store got them, I was so excited, I now wish I would have got something that I will use, o'well... good for the collection, but that's about it!

Duxx
============================================
When you receive this message, I hope It finds you in good spirits
============================================
DamienT98
View Profile
Regular user
London UK now live in Austin Tx
180 Posts

Profile of DamienT98
I think its worth owning one deck. They are great visually but when people see them, they think they are a trick pack of cards. I think the coating is the same, the extra cost is to do with the extra ink needed to print them.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
...or the profit margin set by the owners of the brand.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
ShidennOdmistL
View Profile
Regular user
Vegas
109 Posts

Profile of ShidennOdmistL
Black Tigers are cool. They're the same as all other Bike cards but the prints are the negatives of the cards. As for as general performance, its all how you play it out. For looks, ya, they're pretty cool. But if you mix them in using regular cards, storylines, and so forth, you can have your act(s) hit pretty hard on the spectator.

IMO, they're not essential to any card technician, but they sure as heck help with building a rep... if done properly.

Sol
Sol Hiden N D Mist...
Never look back....
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Black Tiger Decks look really flashy in the magician's eye but it rises suspicion in a layman's eye. However, suspicion is eliminated if pulled out in a real performance. I don't recommend it for street magic though..
blade
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
208 Posts

Profile of blade
I have one but I won't use it... I just think it will make people more suspicious of the cards...
salamangkero/musikero

boj_ice@yahoo.com
Kayo_City
View Profile
New user
Dublin, Ireland
59 Posts

Profile of Kayo_City
The 1st edition are really poor quality and after about a day or two they tend to stick togeter like mad!

The 2nd edition are better quality then the 1st but still don't last as long as regular bikes. You can also get the "2nd edition in "classic" or Red Pips".

However, I do a lot of pub and niteclub work and the 2nd edition cards glow green under U.V light, which is a great attention grabber in niteclibs!
That's all i have to say about that!
City Livin'
K.O Style
gareth123
View Profile
Loyal user
Rotherham UK
245 Posts

Profile of gareth123
I ordered a set from e-bay , and I'm still waiting for the delivery , hmmm and that was 2 months ago.

iv been robbed!

Gareth.
*is tihs migac or am i sineg aonhter wlord in wihch i nveer lvied UNTILL NOW*
pamelaSimmons
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of pamelaSimmons
What's a black tiger (grrrrr) Smile deck? and where can I find these cards?

:bear:
Pamela
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Hi Pamela! Black Tiger Decks are Bicycle cards that just came out and has been a hit to card workers as well as the layman.

Please click the link below for more info:
http://www.ellusionist.com/order/Black_D......iger.htm
eric6879
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of eric6879
The quality of the cards are amazing. They're slicker than the regular blue and red. They look really good when doing XCM to.
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I love my Tiger deck. I use it all the time. Havent had any problem with people thinking they are "trick" cards either. But I also show them to peeps before I start any thing with them. A lot of guys in KC use these. Most the guys around here that I know that use them have been using the same deck for over 2 months and the cards are still like new. I have been on mine for a month and don't have any problems with them sticking. Get a deck. They are worth it just to have. But spectators wont suspect any thing. It's how you present it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Black tigers (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL