The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Idea for Halloween? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

barefoot_teacher
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of barefoot_teacher
I'm trying to think of a costume idea for Halloween. I'm leaning towards a straitjacket, but since I will be wearing this three times at the most, I'm not willing to pay for a brand jacket, like a Posey, or HR, etc. The reason I'm posting here is because I figured you guys would have some good ideas on how to make an authentic sj. I want something along the lines of a Posey (front-side loops, crotch strap), but have no idea where to start. I'm not interested in escaping, the jacket is more for show, but I still want it to be secure. Soory for being longwinded, but ANY help would be appreciated.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Try the costume shops. they might have a cheaper version of a SJ and. I think it will be more comfortable.
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
Also try gothic/industrial clothing stores, a few manufacturers make fetish-inspired "straightjacket-style" tops and shirts with extra long sleeves and attached straps.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
This is probably the safest one. You don't want to feel like a idiot because you can't use you hands for anything.

Of course if you don't want out, there is Max Cita, and the cheaper version, Lostfordreams. Both Items that I would avoid like the plauge, myself.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
I know Mark Tripp is going to yell at me for this,(sorry Sensei) but years ago before I was into escapes a friend of mine needed to shoot a straight jacket scene for a student film he was doing. I simulated one with an old oversized Judo gi(uniform) top and some old leather belts. It actually looked pretty good.
Hope this helps. Tony Parisi
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Believe it or not, that was MY first straitjacket when I was 13. I converted my gi from my karate days, stitching the legs to the jacket sleeves to attain the greater length.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Tony Mum is the word for me I'm not going to say anything. Don,
MarkTripp
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
618 Posts

Profile of MarkTripp
Quote:
On 2004-10-16 17:00, AJP807 wrote:
I know Mark Tripp is going to yell at me for this,(sorry Sensei) but years ago before I was into escapes a friend of mine needed to shoot a straight jacket scene for a student film he was doing. I simulated one with an old oversized Judo gi(uniform) top and some old leather belts. It actually looked pretty good.
Hope this helps. Tony Parisi

Heritic!!!! Death to you!

Well, not really, sounds good to me.

Although I think prop jackets are out there pretty cheap. Check Robbins....
needledoc
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of needledoc
Hi all,
I am new to this escaping stuff, but a few years ago I went as an escaped mental patient. My costume was my strait jacket (not gaffed), pj bottoms and bunny slippers. The only thing that sucked about it was when I got stampeded by drunk ****** in Greenwich Village. I was able to use my hands in a very flipper-like way (mainly to hold my drink).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Idea for Halloween? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL