The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Bat vs. The M5..... Which is better??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
whizzomagic
View Profile
Regular user
Louisville, Ky
109 Posts

Profile of whizzomagic
I'm interested in purchasing one or the other. Can anyone explain the difference between the two, or if one is much better than the other, and if so, why? I can get "The Bat" at a local magic shop for under $40, but the "M5" is available online at ellusionist.com for just under $100. Any help and or tips on purchasing and using the item(s) will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Go for the M5. The Bat is just like the Raven with a few differences. Although I don't own either, as the specifications of the M5 state, it has more possibilities than the M5.
You might also want to check the Raven X2 if you prefer the Bat, it's better. Smile
DamienT98
View Profile
Regular user
London UK now live in Austin Tx
180 Posts

Profile of DamienT98
Certainly consider the raven. I've heard its better than the Bat. I have the Raven x2. I like it.
blade
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
208 Posts

Profile of blade
The m5 is "stronger" then the Bat.
salamangkero/musikero

boj_ice@yahoo.com
ShidennOdmistL
View Profile
Regular user
Vegas
109 Posts

Profile of ShidennOdmistL
Well, considering the pricing for the package you get with the M5, it's not a bad investment. I mean, from the looks of it, it's like a souped up version of a Raven on steroids. It looks good and I would buy it if I had the money.

I went to one of my local magic shops and asked for a demonstration of The Bat. One of the clerks used it, he showed me how it worked, the gimmick and all, the tricks, and how to present it. Not only that, he did it in a clumsy fashion. After seeing that, I'd opt for a Raven then Bat. That and the guy broke so many rules in magic, I really didn't want to buy it. Poor guy.

Sol
Sol Hiden N D Mist...
Never look back....
Kayo_City
View Profile
New user
Dublin, Ireland
59 Posts

Profile of Kayo_City
The M5 is really powerful!
But it is absolutely massive.

Its like a big brick!

Its difficult to conceal due to the size. It's a monster!

The Bat is really small and easy to conceal!

It's only my opinion but "Get the Bat or Raven" as the only way to conceal the M5 is to dress like BC and who wants a jacket like that!
That's all i have to say about that!
City Livin'
K.O Style
blade
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
208 Posts

Profile of blade
Kayo you can wear the m5 on other parts of your body. Imagine cards cutting itself or eating your food with the fork wavering. All that with the m5 on your knee!!! The Bat cannot do those things!
salamangkero/musikero

boj_ice@yahoo.com
pamelaSimmons
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of pamelaSimmons
Sorry, may sound dumb but what is a Raven and a Bat? Besides the fact that one is a bird and one is a pet of Ozzy. (Love the show by the way Smile )

:bear: Pamela
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Hi Pamela!

The Raven is a utility tool that switches and vanishes things. A later model called the Bat came out resembling the Raven and it claims to do more than the Raven.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
I'm afraid the Bat came before the Raven. I've had it for over ten years now.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
blade
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
208 Posts

Profile of blade
Yep the raven came out 1996... I think... right?
salamangkero/musikero

boj_ice@yahoo.com
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Pamela, you may have seen David Blaine perform an effect using the Raven. It was responsible for his complete coin vanishes.

That is the best example I can think of where the Raven is used.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
ShidennOdmistL
View Profile
Regular user
Vegas
109 Posts

Ya. If I wasn't mistaken, the Bat is a lot older then the Raven. However, of the Ravens, Bats, and M5, I still side with the M-5. Then again, I've yet to actually see it in magic use, even though I've heard the uses it has. The applications when brought upon by the creative mind, are incredible. I mean, who wouldn't want to move things by "thinking" or stop watches cold. I would.

FYI, the Raven isn't a bad investment either. It's just kind of awkward to use.

Side note: Is there any good training DVDs for the Raven?

Sol
Sol Hiden N D Mist...
Never look back....
imagine
View Profile
New user
oxfordshire
69 Posts

Profile of imagine
You can buy the DVDs on these sites. I havn't used these sites myself.

http://www.penguinmagic.com (American I believe)

http://www.magictricks.co.uk (uk)
blade
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
208 Posts

Profile of blade
The m5 can do all the tricks the Raven and Bat can do. It has enough power to do table work with the m5 on your knee. The Bat and Raven cannot do that.
salamangkero/musikero

boj_ice@yahoo.com
blade
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
208 Posts

Profile of blade
Yeah, but for the m5 you get every thing you need, plus a coin.
salamangkero/musikero

boj_ice@yahoo.com
k
View Profile
Loyal user
Marseille
282 Posts

Profile of k
Ha! Ha! Nice, I didn't know that. A Coin?
I'm just a blind Con that lost his I...
remember, Magic's everywhere... ("Your are the magic !" - Albert Goshman)

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple. On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" St-Exupéry
blade
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
208 Posts

Profile of blade
A coin is placed in the spectator's hand and you cause it to flip by itself!
Very cool.
salamangkero/musikero

boj_ice@yahoo.com
k
View Profile
Loyal user
Marseille
282 Posts

Profile of k
I thought so too. A cool mentalism trick would be to play with the spectator's mind, telling him how heavy the coin feels, then how light it becomes.

Then, by controlling the speed (very, very slow motions) and the angle of the M5, you can cause the coin not to flip, but lift itself and move around the spec hand!!! Then you just make it disappear.
I'm just a blind Con that lost his I...
remember, Magic's everywhere... ("Your are the magic !" - Albert Goshman)

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple. On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" St-Exupéry
ShidennOdmistL
View Profile
Regular user
Vegas
109 Posts

LOL. If someone here did that, just out of nowhere, and even let the spectator test if there were any strings, man, would they freak! Hehe, that would be quite an effect. However, would the angle adjustments be tricky at all?

Sol
Sol Hiden N D Mist...
Never look back....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Bat vs. The M5..... Which is better??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL