We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Bat vs. The M5..... Which is better??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
pamelaSimmons
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of pamelaSimmons
Thanks everybody! Smile
Wow, all the complicated talk and history. You guys know your stuff and are very "magic" smart. Smile

Like a magic library. You guys are too good.
:bear:
Pamela
k
View Profile
Loyal user
Marseille
282 Posts

Profile of k
Sol,

You only need practice as the movement of your arm (wrist) has to be very gentle. When you achieve just lifting the coin, by just approaching your hand below it, then the tricky part is to make it slide without flipping it. Try on your own hands first, you'll have a feel of which angle and speed (again very very slow, and even slower)speed is what makes it move, you control the height of the coin with angles. It works best on slippery hands. And yes, they all just freak out. You have to tell the spectator to hold his hand still also.
I'm just a blind Con that lost his I...
remember, Magic's everywhere... ("Your are the magic !" - Albert Goshman)

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple. On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" St-Exupéry
ShidennOdmistL
View Profile
Regular user
Vegas
109 Posts

Profile of ShidennOdmistL
Hmmm k, makes sense enough. Too bad I don't own an M-5. I have the original Raven but I need to wear two shirts for it. Dern. Oh well, I guess it's not that much of a hassle. But still....

Well, we all know that the Raven is known for its vanishes and its extra clean close; however, is the M-5 (I know, dumb question coming) just as clean? I mean, I know you can move stuff, stop time, and vanish things, but is it really as clean, or maybe cleaner, then the Raven?

Sol
Sol Hiden N D Mist...
Never look back....
matite
View Profile
New user
Australia
62 Posts

Profile of matite
I have the Raven and it is a very good effect. If you get some stretchy skin coloured bandage you can wrap it around your chest under your shirt, attach the Raven to it and then you only need to wear one shirt. This also means that your shirt won't move as you do the work. On the instructions for The Raven it says "Copyright 1994-2000 Chazpro Magic".

I also have The Raven X2 and I find while it is good for switching things it is a little big to conceal. It's twice as long as the Raven. On the instructions for The Raven X2 it says "Copyright 2003 Chazpro Magic".

Finally, I own The Bat and it is about the same size as the Raven. It is very strong magnet and comes with two brass rings and a coin. On the instructions for The Bat it says "Copyright 1994 Chazpro".

Of the three I would say the Raven is the best. If you do it with the open hand move from the spectator's hand it is an absolute killer!

I can't offer any opinion on the M5 other than my friend has one and it came with more props than the Bat.
ShidennOdmistL
View Profile
Regular user
Vegas
109 Posts

Profile of ShidennOdmistL
I hope to get a M-5 someday. Unlike the Raven, I get the idea that the M-5 is a lot more compact to use, hence, it can be used more freely than the Raven.

Sol
Sol Hiden N D Mist...
Never look back....
blade
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
208 Posts

Profile of blade
You cannot LEVITATE the coin. The laws of nature does not permit it. A levitation like that would need an "extra" ingredient. You need something to stabilize it. Curious? PM me. The closest thing to levitating the coin is balancing it vertically before it flips.
salamangkero/musikero

boj_ice@yahoo.com
eize
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of eize
I do not have the Raven , but the M5 is very good.
k
View Profile
Loyal user
Marseille
282 Posts

Profile of k
Quote:
On 2004-10-24 16:03, blade wrote:
You cannot LEVITATE the coin. The laws of nature does not permit it. A levitation like that would need an "extra" ingredient. You need something to stabilize it. Curious? PM me. The closest thing to levitating the coin is balancing it vertically before it flips.

Are you talking to me?
Are you talkin' to me??? (taxi driver)

I never said it levitated and by "lift itself" I meant on its side. It moves around the hand at 70° or less (usually no more than 30°, 70° is REALLY tricky) and you can also make a copper coin roll on it's edge.

PM me if you wish to discuss the topics and routine.
I'm just a blind Con that lost his I...
remember, Magic's everywhere... ("Your are the magic !" - Albert Goshman)

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple. On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" St-Exupéry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Bat vs. The M5..... Which is better??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL