The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » About the fire wallet... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
unclesamayen
View Profile
Elite user
Taiwan
459 Posts

Profile of unclesamayen
I want to buy one.I have a question about the fire wallet.There are many types of fire wallet on the market,and each of them must prepare in advance.I want to know which can last the longest time after I prepare?Thanks for answer...^^
Comedy, Mental, Busking.
Performing magic for the blinds.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI
Busking in Mong Kok
http://youtu.be/WqohXqTxRVU
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2004-10-17 15:28, unclesamayen wrote:
I want to buy one.I have a question about the fire wallet.There are many types of fire wallet on the market,and each of them must prepare in advance.I want to know which can last the longest time after I prepare?Thanks for answer...^^
None does last as long as at least I want it to last Smile

I like to leave home with the thingy ready prepared, but depending on how many hours are passing before it gets into use, it is mostly not possible..

I though used a couple of tricks, that hold a bit longer on the *preparation*..

First of course, after applying *the stuff*, you have to light it once, so it gets hot for a short second.

Secondly I wrap the entire wallet into normal, very thin kitchenfoil (kind of cellophan) to prevent the *stuff* from evaporating too fast..

Nevertheless and unfortunately, the safest thing is to prepare 10 min. or so before the show, also here light it once, before placing it in your pocket..

It all depends on the fluid you use, how fast it evaporates, also when having it unwrapped in your jacketpocket, the warmth/heat from your body accelerates the evaporation..

You simply have to do some tests at home to find the limit re how long before a performance you can prepare it and still get a *safe* ignition..there is a difference too if it is summer or wintertime!

I wish it could keep itself *fresh* for half a day or so..but this unfortunately is not possible.

All the above means, there is not much diff. in the various available wallets, as it not only depends on the wallet alone and how *tight* it holds on the fluid, but also on the fluid itself..

You have to find out yourself, and even experiment with diff. brands of fluid.. Smile
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
Well,
It seems as though I have chimed in at the right time.
I have already created a beautiful executive wallet that will be ready to go when you are. Prime it in the morning and it will be ready tonight. Using the same principle as my Hot Leads wallet and some clever mechanisim, the magician will no longer need to set his or her wallet 25 minutes before their show.
It will cost $70 but most are about that price and this one is beautiful. The Volcano is almost ready for shipments. Just creating the package design.
Jim Pace
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Now there is product whose time has finally come.

Jim appears to have taken the fire wallet the final step to perfection. Way to go Jim.

What kind of an ignition system does the Volcano use?

Thanks for another great fire effect. Just when I said I am not buying any more magic, you do it again.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Docc Spurlock
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago & Arizona
165 Posts

Profile of Docc Spurlock
I use the Kaps on Fire wallet. I load mine in the morning, do it 3 or 4 times a day and the next day it will still have the ability to light again a few more times.

That is more time than you should need unless you perform it to everyone you meet on the street.
"CREATOR OF THE FLOATING FLAME TO DOVE"

If you are always looking back you can't see what's in front of you so when you bump your head again you have no one to blame but yourself!
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-10-18 10:23, spurlock wrote:
I use the Kaps on Fire wallet. I load mine in the morning, do it 3 or 4 times a day and the next day it will still have the ability to light again a few more times.

That is more time than you should need unless you perform it to everyone you meet on the street.
Still, that doesn't depend on the wallet alone..
What fluid do you use????

Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
I am not one to call someone out, but to say that the Kaps on fire wallet will allow you 24 hours and still get a burn is misleading.
I have sold many of them they are just another good quality fire wallet, probably the best out there.
Maybe with a special fuel as stated above. Or kept in a place that will not allow fuel to evaporate.
With respect,
Jim
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I have tried a number of "tricks" to keep my Kaps on Fire wallet fresh enough to use after more than a couple of hours, and none has really been worth the trouble, nor provided the "life" that I was looking for.

If yours does, then be very, very thankful. Becuase I don't know of another that will. And I have more fire gimmicks, wallets, books, torches, etc. than most magic shops so I know of what I speak. I love my Kaps on fire, and even use it outside of my normal performing, as I carry magic everywhere I go and will try to bring a smile whenever I see the opportunity. But mine takes preparation and frequent freshening. So I am looking forward to Jim's Volcano.

BroDavid
Docc Spurlock
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago & Arizona
165 Posts

Profile of Docc Spurlock
Well, I don't know about your wallets, but mind still has the ability to light the next day.

Maybe it is because I have added two tiny magnets to the side that has the lighting gimmick to help keep the wallet closed and at the same time that side is not as noticable when you handle the wallet.

I use Naptha as my source of fuel.

If you are always looking back you can't see what's in front of you so when you bump your head again you have no one to blame but yourself!
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-10-24 11:28, spurlock wrote:
I use Naptha as my source of fuel.
Zippo lighter fluid is said to be 100% Naphta, right??

Docc Spurlock
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago & Arizona
165 Posts

Profile of Docc Spurlock
Werner G. Seitz

Right,Zippo lighter fluid is said to be 100% Naphta.

Try installing the two small magnets to hold the compartment closed.

Hey BroDavid:

Try installing the two small magnets to hold the compartment closed. It works for me....

Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Spurlock
Thanx for the tip!!!!

I got original Zippo lighter fluid, where the container said it was *petroleum destillate-naphta*.

I think I never before used Zippo!

I got a pleasant surprise..

So far, I prepared my normal backpocket sized wallet that also can contain the 6 newspaper to bill set, a set-up I earlier often used, starting up with getting the fire , closing the wallet and removing the bill-sized coloured magazine cut outs, to be transformed to bills, using the Fred Kaps type of preparation and handling -right out of his lecture notes-, based on Patrik Pages original concept..

That fuel prepared wallet, I ignitioned once, closed it, and let it rest on a table nearby.

6 hours later, there was absolutely no problem in producing the fire again..

Now, I well know, there is a difference, wearing that wallet on the body and so probably more fuel will dissapear due to the warmth of the body, that I have to test also, but so far, the result is promising.

The only observation, already when lightening the thingy the first time is, there is no problem in lightening it up, but it is kind of a slow burner, with not too high a flame..this will come after a second though, but still NOT a flame as high as the easier evaporating stuff..

Compared to the more evaporating fuel, that will give a *higher* and better *burn*, naphta give a lower flame, but the preparation does last longer...

Maybe a mix of another fuel with the Zippo one gives a higher burn..

In any case, the naphta tip is a good one!!

I usually prepare at home and wrap the whole wallet into clear transparent kitchenfoil, so the fuel doesn't evaporate and that preparation will last for a couple of hours..

When *on the set* the foil is removed and the wallet pocketed..

Still, I prefer to be on the safe side having fuel, that after appliance can last for as long as possible..

I'll continue the experiments re how long the fuel will last, when the wallet is exposed to *body-heat*..

The magnet tip I think is not needed to be applied, as when having the wallet in a tight fitting pocket, the wallet is closed as good as any magnets can do ..

Any further tips re a fuel mix is appreciateded..there must be performers here, using the *ultimate* mix, but maybe they want to keep it for themselves ?? Smile

Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
The short set-up period has kept me from buying this one also. I like everyone else do not want to buy another shelfer.

Jim, is yours ready for shipment yet?
sammhoudini
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of sammhoudini
Jim,

Really looking forward to picking up your new Volcano Wallet. I've sold all out of Hot Leads and the suppliers is saying it's backordered. Will you be shipping product soon?

Thanks!

Sam

The Trick Shop
866-MAGIC-04
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Spurlock, I like your idea and will try it out.

But nevertheless, I will buy one of Jim Pace's new wallets, based on the quality and cleverness of the other fire effects I have bought that he created, it has be a winner.

BroDavid
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Anyone seen the ones offered on EBAY? They have one on there for $15.99 and Im wondering how much different these would be.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Can anyone here please Suggest a Decent FireWallet for Candini. also Candini beware of a few of the magic sellers on ebay some of them have a bunch of complaints.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Appreciate it Donster.... I always check the feedback if that helps any. I also ask questions. The guy answered me back and said all I need is lighter fluid.
Im a bit concerned with the plastic though. I suspect one could glue aluminum foil there?

Compared to the more evaporating fuel, that will give a *higher* and better *burn*, naphta give a lower flame, but the preparation does last longer...

How "much" lower is the flame with straight Zippo?
I would hate to see a mixture that would singe my browes but the spectator deserves the best.

Couldn't wait, seems KAPS is the most popular (right now), placed an order. Duel purpose wallet for card to wallet also.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Yep, you can use your Kaps as a regular wallet if you want. And even if don't, stick a couple of fake bills, and fake credit card sin it so it looks like you do use it regularly.THen it is all the more amazing that flames came form a wallet carrying cash and credit cards.

BroDavid
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
I have been looking around for a good fire wallet for a few weeks now. After all the research, I went with Kap's on fire. It is in the mail now and I can't wait for it to get here.
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » About the fire wallet... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL