The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Magic of David Regal 3-Vol DVD Set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ferry H.P.
View Profile
New user
Belgium
95 Posts

Profile of Ferry H.P.
You mean his 'Tricks', 'More Tricks', 'Enough With the Tricks Already!' DVD's?

Yes, they are still numero uno for me!
The thinking, the methods, the presentation, the effects and the overall impact these DVD's had to me... fantastic! I have them for a while now and they still see regular play.
Ferry H.P.
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
This is probably the best set of DVD's I've ever purchased. I was very impressed. There is so much GREAT material on these DVDs. David Regal is a genius. One of my favorite performers. Highly recommended.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
The thing I like best about this series is Regal's Harry Lorayne imitation. Priceless!

Jack Shalom
Kfmagic
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Kfmagic
I must say an awesome set. One of the best in my collection.
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
They are great, and that's no "fibby-poo".
roya
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
211 Posts

Profile of roya
If you like the DVDs, buy his books!!! They are GREAT. (I bought all 3 directly from him).
psychic
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of psychic
I have both and both are good. David is a creative thinker in magic. His methods are not always difficult, some are easy but it is the diabolical principle beneath them that makes them work. Very Good ideas for mentalism effects as well
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Roya, you mentioned you bought all 3 from him. I think there are four. Constant Fooling 1 & 2, Star Quality, and Close-Up and Personal. Perhaps maybe one of these is out of print and that's where the problem lies. I just wanted to make sure you were aware if there's one that you're missing. I only have Constant Fooling 1 & 2 myself, but I enjoyed them both very much. I love David Regal's stuff and the videos and books are entertaining. That goes a long way. I love the part on the video where he talks about Jeff McBride's new video entitled "Things I can do better than you." Hilarious.

Caleb

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

AAAAA
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of AAAAA
I believe Star Quality is out of print. I have 3 of the constant fooling....

Volume 1: Tricks! The Magic Of David Regal
Contents: The Deja Vu Deck, Everywhere, Cheating, Clearly Impossible, Pasteboard Massacre, There & Back, Self-Evident, Perchance to Dream, The Half Deal, Sending It Through, All Strung Out and Deep Guilt Aces. (Running time: 2 hours 39 minutes).

Volume 2: More Tricks! The Magic Of David Regal
Contents: All's Fair, The Origami Bill, Streamlined Assembly, For Marlo, Triple Vision, Cups & Balls & Cups & Balls, Illegal Collections, The Flying Hole, Ten Second Poker, Red-Handed, The Joker Works Overtime and Flight of Fancy. (Running time: 2 hours 13 minutes).

Volume 3: Enough With The Tricks Already! The Magic Of David Regal
Contents: Primate, Leap of Faith, Straight-Forward Collections, Clean Cut, Bottoms-Up Aces, Down-Under Production, Commercial Travel, The World's First Card Trick, Dave's Move-a-Card, Logical Assembly, Out of This Borough and Four the Hard Way. (Running time: 1 hour 47 minutes).

He also has 4 new DVDs out called DAVID REGAL'S PREMISE, POWER & PARTICIPATION 4-VOLUME DVD SET
MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
I agree that the material here is superb; if anyone's interested, I'm selling this set in the DVD sale section...

(Not because the material is poor but because I've finally got all the books...)

Great stuff; I have yet to see much from David Regal that didn't completely impress me. He lectured here a year ago and, on top of being a great magician, he's a heckuva nice guy too.
Your EFFECT is only as good as its AFFECT.
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
But he might be a tad too hyper-energetic in his presentations in his magic at times; not that it matters but it does irk some people.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Regal's presentation and character might not be to everyone's taste--but at least he has one. A presentation and character that's been thought out, scripted, and given as much attention as the clever effects themselves.

Jack Shalom
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
I want to know if David Regal effects can be performed with a regular deck of cards or you need gaffed cards or special decks?
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
He has a combination of effects that use a straight deck and those that need some sort of gaffed cards. It depends on which video or book you're looking at. For instance, his book Constant Fooling 1 uses mostly non-gimmicked card material, while Constant Fooling 2 utilizes gaffed decks. Hope this helps.

Caleb

Jeff M. Gray
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City, OK
78 Posts

Profile of Jeff M. Gray
I have the David Regal dvd series, "Tricks, More tricks" and, "Enough with the tricks already!" and they ARE excellent. David is such a wonderful performer. His presentations are very entertaining, and at times, very funny. That is one of the big things that seperate these dvds from others....the humor. David has some hilarious lines during the credits on volume 3 "Enough with the tricks already!"...and you should check out those credits, as (in the tradition of Monty Python..) there are many funny "names", etc..

I have never been more entertained watching a magic video/dvd than when watching this series. If I had to recommend only one, I would recommend volume 1, "Tricks!". After all, it has "Everywhere" on it, which KILLS, and "Pasteboard Massacre", which REALLY kills! heh heh... Anyway, if you want something that only uses regular, non-gaffed cards and is a "quickie", go with volume 3, "Enough with the tricks already!"...it's great, plus you get the funny credits! Whoo-hoo! Smile
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
Thanks Jeff!
I will buy the complete set, sounds amazing.
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
His cups and balls in Vol 2. looks like you're seeing the real thing..no joke..i could swear it was the best presentation for cups and balls for it.
roya
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
211 Posts

Profile of roya
Quote:
On 2004-10-21 17:31, cjmagicman wrote:
Roya, you mentioned you bought all 3 from him. I think there are four. Constant Fooling 1 & 2, Star Quality, and Close-Up and Personal. Perhaps maybe one of these is out of print and that's where the problem lies. I just wanted to make sure you were aware if there's one that you're missing.

Correct, Star Quality is OOP... and David doesn't have a copy for sale.
realorcy
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of realorcy
I have finished watching the DVD sets.Very good DVDs.The third set is my favorate because the tricks use regular decks.Some of his tricks use complex gimmicks that I will never use,just not my cup of tea,but there are also some useful pieces.I love "the word first card trick","self evidence","10 second deal","leap of faith".
David is a great performer.but sometimes,he get a little bit too crazy,a little bit.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I am reviewing Everything effect on vol. 1/ I have seen somewhere in the Café posting that David Regal teaches Invisible Palm in Everywhere. However, I don't see David mentions or teaches this technique. Can someone point me to the right direction? Is there anywhere in The Magic of David Regal 3-Vol dvd set that shows how Invisible Palm works? Thanks.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Magic of David Regal 3-Vol DVD Set (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL