The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » The Secrets of Houdini...signed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Hi,
It was my birthday last week, and as I present I was given a copy of "The Secrets of Houdini", by JC Cannell...however it was signed. Apparantly they had bought it for only £10 (£20ish dollars). The book is not in that good a condition, but it surprised me that they had not noticed that it was signed. I went back to the shop and asked them, and the person said that they had not noticed that it was signed.
However I am unsure of whether it is a fake. The book is actually signed to the English Conjuror Will Goldston.
Can anyone give me any help as to whether this is real? Or do you know of anyone I could contact?

I originally thought that all of the books had the same picture, and that the author just chose a signed picture to put in the front...however if this is the case it seems strange as why chose a picture personalised to another magician...also looking at it, the ink colours vary.

The other problem is that at the bottom of the second page, it says that the book was first published in England in 1932...the book is signed 1924...and houdini died in 1926! So theoretically he would have been dead when the book was published! IS there a posibility that it is supposed to say that it was first printed in England in 1922?

It would be grately appreciated if anyone can shed any light on this problem!
Owen
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Owen,

It is signed in the image, not on the image. They are all like that. The publication date is correct. It was published after Houdini's death.

Best Always,

Kevin
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Cool....I thought it was unlikely.
Thanks for the info!
It just surprised me that the author had chosen a personalised autograph.
Owen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » The Secrets of Houdini...signed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL