The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy blindfold (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
Can somebody help me in develope a comedy blindfold routine?

I'm looking for ideas to do with a blindfold that can be comical or dangerous but not in extreme.

For example, stab a balloon that some spectator holds. By the way if someone performs this effect, if you are perfoming for big audiences, how do you follow the situation of the balloon with your vision partially blocked?

Best,

Darío
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
699 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
If you can show that, somehow, you see better with the blindfold on, that'd be funny.

Actually, Kuda Bux had a reputation among magicians along the same lines. He needed glasses to read a newspaper, but could read all kinds of things with dough over his eyes.
sniper1
View Profile
Veteran user
malta eu
343 Posts

Profile of sniper1
Well, you can do this in two ways:

1. Show that with the blind fold on you can see better.

2. Act as if you can't see anything and then in a comical way reveal that you can see better.

An example is the roulette idea. You know the roulette with a broken bottle? You use a celluloid glass. And after you apparantly divine the bag with the glass under it, you slam that one as well.
THE MOST CRAZY MAGICIAN ON THE MALTESE ISLANDS
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
515 Posts

Profile of spatrick
Actually Kuda Bux eventually went blind.

S. Patrick
amazingluke
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of amazingluke
Dario,

One idea I'd have is that you show how great you are with the blindfold by guessing how many fingers someone is holding up etc. You can get a bit cocky at this point (showboating) and then stab the wrong balloon when it comes to the actual trick. The audience will find great humour in you crashing back to Earth. At this point, you can move on, or perform an even better feat. Depends a bit on your character.

Hope that is of some worth to you.

Luke
PaulGinsberg
View Profile
New user
New York
12 Posts

Profile of PaulGinsberg
Cut one large eyehole out of a blindfold and hold that part of the blindfold in your palm. Carefully put on the blindfold standing sideways so that you look blindolded to the audience. Do some business, and finally...take a bow, turning to show them the gag...by mistake. Smile
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
PaulGinsberg,
That could be a funny, funny bit.
Have you done it/
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I've seen a juggling act do it one time. it was quite funny but the question is how to present it or what trick do you do with it.
Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Comet
Just the fact that you're using blindfolds brings comedy into the situation. there's a LOT of jokes that can be brought about. I use blindfolds with my card sword routine. It's one routine that get's me more rebookings than just about any other.
enjoy!
Joe comet
Sonny Vegas
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, Illinois - USA
199 Posts

Profile of Sonny Vegas
You could say, "Wow, now I know how Gary Gilmore felt." and maybe incorporate the gag gun with the trick.

**Gary Gilmore, Last person in USA to face the firing squad...per his choice.
Believe in yourself and the magic will come.

www.SonnyVegas.com
www.TheVegasBrothers.com
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Wonders if Gary Gilmore ever could of or decided to change his first name to Will. before he was to face the firing squad.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy blindfold (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL