The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Mario Manzini (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I don't think so. $110.00 is the highest I have seen for a dvd. I also bought shade at wal-mart today for $5.50 others spent about $20.00 on this a few months ago. and the movie was only in the theatres a short time.
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Well I just got back from spending the weekend with Manzini. The Friday night Houdini Tribute show went great and it lasted over 2 hours. I MCed the show and did some comedy magic as filler during the scene and costume changes, as well as assisting Mario with some of the escapes and illusions. It was great performing on the same stage as one of my idols, and I learned a lot about escapes, and performing in general. I also had the opportunity to watch the footage of the burning rope SJ escape, as well as Mario's lecture video, which I highly recommend. The video is basically the lecture that Mario gave at the Indy convention last year, but without being cut short. Mario covers different aspects of performing many escapes but the feature is on escaping from handcuffs in a law enforcement challenge situation. The tape is done in a very casual style and you get the feel like you are hanging out with Mario in his back yard while he regals you with stories of his more than 40 years experience in the business as well as all the tricks of the trade that he picked up, the hard way, along the way. This will be the first in a series of lecture tapes that Mario will be offering.
Mario told me that he tried to get on the Café last week to thank everyone for all of the kind words and support shown to him but met with some technical difficulties, so he asked me to relay the message of thanks. He also said that he will try to get the SJ footage and the newspaper clippings on his website as soon as he figures out how to get it done. I'll keep everyone updated as I get more information.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
How does one acquire these videos and why cut someone short.
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
There were a lot of restrictions placed on us at the convention based on the fact that we were attached to the Lock show. This is one of the reasons that Mark Cannon has decided to detach the convention from the lock show and go it alone next year. You can contact Manzini directly for his DVD at MARMANZINI@aol.com. Mario's a great guy and loves to hear from other EAs. Mention my name if you like.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Tony Will Do. Since its in Cali it will be hard for me to Drive out there or even be driven out there. one person mentioned that the others might like to see the BackPack that I have.
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
I would have liked to see it myself but maybe at Houdini Days.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Maybe I was going to do it for the competition but. 5 minutes for it No Way I have a Funny Routine and I don't want to cut any of it short I need to do a video soon so I'll let you know.
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
I know that there was a competition the first year but it did not take place this year. I'm not sure what the plans are for next year. Tony Parisi
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
This year was the 2nd houdini days going on.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Mario Manzini (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.34 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL