The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Traveling with parakeets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zaubern
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, Wa
335 Posts

Profile of zaubern
I live in Seattle and will be traveling to LA with my parakeets. What is the best and safest way to do this. I have never traveled a great distance with them and am not familiar with the best way to do this. It would not be a problem to drive and I am leaning toward doing that. Also, would it just be easier to find someone there with parakeets? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Zaubern Smile
Darcy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Darcy
Hey zaubern,

When I travel with my parakeets, I put them in a little travel cage - Its a small travel cage that is made for small animals (ie hampsters parakeets etc) I put mine in that and then I have a fabric cover that slides over. When I fly with mine, I just take them as a cary on, and put them under the seat. PM if you would like more info.

Darcy
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
879 Posts

Profile of sperris
Put them in a balloon and swallow them, then when you get to LA...
DANSPERRY.COM
zaubern
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, Wa
335 Posts

Profile of zaubern
I normally use the balloon method but now airport security is tighter so it makes it harder...
Zaubern Smile
james_magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
124 Posts

Profile of james_magic
It wouldn't be a good idea to borrow parakeets, only because they wouldn't be trained for the effects. Doves are easy to borrow, but parakeets are a bit smarter don't ya reakon?

But the balloon method works for me. Just put some air holes in the balloon and your set.
zaubern
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, Wa
335 Posts

Profile of zaubern
I think it will be easy enough to drive down there with them and they should hopefully be okay. I have never traveled a great deal with the little guys and was just seeing what the best way to go about it was. Thanks!
Zaubern Smile
Darcy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Darcy
Hey zaubern, I have done a lot of long distance driving with my parakeets and all I do is just take the regular cage that they live in and put it directly in the car. This puts less stress on them as they still have the same amount of room etc. So if your going to drive I suggest you just take them in the cage that they live in.

Just a thought
Darcy
zaubern
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, Wa
335 Posts

Profile of zaubern
Yeah, that's what I was thinking...seemed to work well last time for them. Thanks a bunch!
Zaubern Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Traveling with parakeets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL