The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » A suggestion... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Hi,
once again it has to be said, *the Café* is a great forum!

Sometimes I'm looking through the memberslist to se, if a certain guy is a member here, but it is almost impossible to find out Smile

The reason is, we are lacking an alphabetical option, to sort members names in alphabetical order, apart from how it is now, which just is/should be another option.

Any chance the webmaster can have a look into this?
Kind regards,
Werner
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5166 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Werner, when you go to the member page, click on the the heading "username" it will automatically sort the list alphabetically.

If you click on the "from" column" it sorts by their location if they entered one and clicking of the "post" column sorts by number of posts.
Where the magic begins
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-10-22 07:32, Dave Scribner wrote:
Werner, when you go to the member page, click on the the heading "username" it will automatically sort the list alphabetically.

If you click on the "from" column" it sorts by their location if they entered one and clicking of the "post" column sorts by number of posts.
Thanx.. Smile
*Pretty sneaky*..to use a phrase of Don Alan Smile
Nevertheless, even the *username* function is a bit tricky considering 492 or so entries/pages..
As I can't see how to enter a certain username, or rather the 1st character of a username to faster get to the one looking for..but, OK..not that bad then.. Smile

Still a bit troublesomne to find a guy whose name for example starts with *p* or so..
In any case, thanks for the tip..yes..one should always move the *mouse* around to se where it changes it's icon.., but to be honest, this one was a bit tricky Smile

Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Hi Werner,

I'll talk to Gene about coding in "letter links" for the member list. He does this in what we laughingly refer to as his "free time", so it's not neccessarily going to happen soon. Here's a workaround that can be used:

The "start" number in the URL can be manipulated to jump ahead to, in this case, the "P's":

http://themagiccafe.com/forums/bb_member......rt=10290
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Thanx for equisivly fine cooperation re *strange* queries and problems.. Smile
Kind regards,
Werner

Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
444 Posts

Profile of Gene
Tip: If you're looking for a specific username, go to the search page and click on the "search for username" link and a form will come up in a new window. Type in a part of the name, click "find username" and all possible matches will be shown. You should enter more than one letter/character though, otherwise the search will take a VERY long time.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Thanx... ( I was looking for those being present without posting Smile )

Rgs.
Werner

Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5166 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
If you click on the posts column in the members page, it will sort by highest number of post to 0. In the URL address, change the last number will be 30 to around 7700. This is basically where the 0 posters begin. Of course it will not be alphabetical at that point. There are 30 names on each page so you can just experiment a little to get where you want to go. Not the smoothest method but it works.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » A suggestion... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL