The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Question on McBride tapes... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Michelle Labonte
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Michelle Labonte
Do the Jeff McBride Card Manipualtion series consist of flourishes that can be done closeup? If I were to buy these tapes expecting closeup material, would I be disappointed?
"Mentalism is easy to do. . .badly" -Max Maven
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
in his first one he has a nice 4 ace close up routine, and his flourishes are very, i mean very nice... some are disappointing but most i liked.

-Chris
shhh..... I see Magicians.....
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
you will be sorely dissapointed if you get these for close up but... volume 1 has some GREAT close up flourishes but on the otherhand why not get them because they improve your dexterity so much! i reccomend you get them. these tapes have made my close up work with cards far better as I know how to handle the cards far much better.

Ben Schwartz
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
dont forget that they will work your hands so much that it will feel like its broken, ahahah thats how it felt when i first started

-Chris
shhh..... I see Magicians.....
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
No one and I mean no one ever complained about these tapes. I got them and I will never let them go. I am even going to get the Dvds. Your second question is a big yes. Only 2 tricks are close-up, but why really care at a good distance you could produce a whole deck 1 card at a time this really makes a crowd. When the crowd is as big as youd like it do close-up. Also for the first question I never heard of a flourish that is not able to be close-up.

Wikiro Smile
If you punch a wall so hard your knee hurts your goal has been accomplished.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
Megatherion
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Megatherion
Hi,

Jeff McBride Card Manipulation tapes show stage manipulations with cards. Several of them can be used close up.

Yours faithfully

Smile Dan Kirsch Smile
openatlast
View Profile
New user
Shadow of the Castle
74 Posts

Profile of openatlast
Regardless of where this is used or if this is used in perforamnce, GET THE TAPES/DVD'S. They are just way too much fun to pass up. Also, they're the best example of how video instruction can exceed the written word. No amount of text could come close to the clarity of seeing Jeff do these manipulations. While I'm a book fan, I got to admit outside of personal instruction, this is the only way to learn card handling.
G-Diddy
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of G-Diddy
The manipulation tapes are wonderful.
I do many of the routines for a few people close-up.
Though it is more effective with manipulation cards and on stage, sometimes I just use Bees or Bikes.
Laypeople are blown away.
thanos4182
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of thanos4182
McBrides tapes or some of the best I've ever bought. After seeing the card manipulation tapes I went and bought the ones he had for coins, balls and stage. Manipulation takes a lot of practice but the payoff is worth it.
j
View Profile
New user
Belton, Missouri
33 Posts

Profile of j
I am studying the two previously mentioned series and I must say that the information you will find is well worth every penny you dish out. You would greatly benefit from that investment if manipulative magic is what you are after.
Man, I hope he chooses a card soon!
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
If you are into manipulative magic at all, those tapes must be in your video library.
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
I own all of McBrides video series and they are all worth buying. If you are interested in the card manipulation series you will not be disappointed at all......I don't know of too many videos that are put together as well as Jeff's...

Take care, Bry
vaillant
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of vaillant
Jeff McBride Vol 3.
What a great tape for stage magic, Dancing Cane, Zombie Silks etc.

OTTO...
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I also love the way Jeff has his videos structured. They are really a great source of information, and the slow close up replays are very helpful in getting the moves down.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
The stuff you can do close up from volume 1 are:
Colour change
Fan
SFan
Springing the cards
Pop out move.
Cards from the mouth - you must learn this.
Lepaul spread.
Table spreads.
One-handed cut.

And once you get good enough, YES, you can perform the front and back palm close up. Only watch your angles, and remove two to three years of your life.

Learning the flourishes from the McBride DVD?Video are great, much better than reading them from a book.

Also if you are considering the Jeff Sheridan tapes, I would buy the McBride first. He teaches better.

Dave Welzman
tylerdurden
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of tylerdurden
Jeff McBride is a must have for anyone who is at all interested in card manipulation. I tried to learn for years out of books, and only got so far.

after seeing him in action and learning a few more tricks I developed the confidence to try some of these things like pulling a bunch of cards out of the air. in front of people. and the response has been good.

especially at parties late at night in dark rooms, were the majority of the people are all intoxicated to varying degrees. (lol)

just be prepared to practice, practice, practice.

good luck.
Sam Griffin
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
170 Posts

Profile of Sam Griffin
Do I need to order any special Props along with the series. Such as Card Droppers or, I dunno - Long black shirts with stitched secret seams, lol I dunno.
I don't want to buy the series only to later find out I have to re-order special gimmicks to actually perform some of the moves. Please let me know, as I am ordering very soon
"When we are on stage, we are in the here and now."
"The eye is the window of your soul."

"The PERFORMER must BELIEVE in everything that takes place on the stage, only then will the AUDIENCE BELIEVE!
Sam Griffin
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
170 Posts

Profile of Sam Griffin
Do I need to order any special Props along with the series. Such as Card Droppers or, I dunno - Long black shirts with stitched secret seams, lol I dunno.
I don't want to buy the series only to later find out I have to re-order special gimmicks to actually perform some of the moves. Please let me know, as I am ordering very soon
"When we are on stage, we are in the here and now."
"The eye is the window of your soul."

"The PERFORMER must BELIEVE in everything that takes place on the stage, only then will the AUDIENCE BELIEVE!
BathTub
View Profile
Regular user
Wellington, NZ
102 Posts

Profile of BathTub
No, Nothing in the series requires special gimmicks, he does mention card droppers as a way to load up again, but it isn't a matter of 'Right now before you can perform the Shazam Production get yourself a pair of silver plated Wizjabs custom fitted to your index fingers, should only cost $90'.

Nothing like that, get yourself a few decks of cards and you are pretty much good to go.
Nigel McNaughton aka 'BathTub'
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Buy some makeup for the full McBride effect
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Question on McBride tapes... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL