The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Introductions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
I use one from Tim Hannig's CD. It isn't personalized, but it does the job for me.
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
We can customize intros (or any other anouncement for that matter) for anyone, and we even have produced a CD with introductions as well as closers, anouncements, etc. These can also be customized. Check out the web site at http://www.MagicEnhancer.com. The CD is called the Magic Enhancer.

Robert Haas
http://www.MagicEnhancer.com
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
'Would you lot shut up - the bloody magicians coming on - and if you throw anything you're out!'

Destiny
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
LOL Destiny
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Eric Lott
View Profile
New user
Michigan
85 Posts

Profile of Eric Lott
I haven't used this for an introduction yet, but I have used it as a bio for a program.

Eric Lott has been mesmerizing audiences with his magic for over three weeks. Well known among family and friend for his ability to shuffle cards and deal from the top, Mr. Lott has perfected a variety of tricks that continually have his audience asking, "Is that it?" His act has been seen by dozens on public access channels around the county.

When Eric is not astonishing audiences with his sub par sleight of hand, he teaches business and technology at Brandon High School in Ortonville, Michigan. He resides in Davison, Michigan, with his wife Lisa and their two sons, Bryce and Brady. Sit back and enjoy the spectacle of an Eric Lott performance and feel free to answer with a resounding "Yes" when he asks you, "Is that your card?"
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
"And now,. please welcome a man who's name has appeared on bathroom walls all over the East Coast......"

Off the top of my head..

Robert Haas
http://www.MagicEnhancer.com
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
I think your intro should go

1) Super credibility -- your great
OR
2) Humorous, like Eric Lott's above

It is great to have someone else say these word's even though you have control over writing them...
Frank
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
Frank/Squando....

A man who brighten's every room he enters.

A man with strange toys

A man who writes his own introductions....
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
A man who needs absolutely NO introduction .......(long drawn out pause of silence).......... BUT we will give him one any ways. Please put your hands together for the magic of...

An old one but a good one.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17198 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Well I do a comedy act so my intro is comic in nature
"You have seen Mark Wilson, the man with the Fifty thousand dollar hands! You've seen Frank Garcia, the man with the million dollar hands! Well tonight we are priviledged to have with us tonight, the Man with the twenty five cent hands....that two bit magician "..........." (what ever name I was using that week).
It got a laugh from the audience as a start, and allowed me to come out giving the MC a dirty look and occassionally the chance to do a bit of business of some sort showing my offense at his introduction.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
Nigel(pictured in the avatar) is going to get a new twin sister.

I am thinking of calling her Grace.

She might be a mentalist puppet called Amazing Grace.

Yes we do Gospel Programs.

Harris
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
I am not so sure that a good intro has to be so purposely "funny", even if the entertainer of the comic type...

For years I have used the following simple, direct intro (it's the first track of sound on my music show CD)...

"...Ladies and gentlemen, in just a few moments, Max the Magician will entertain you with his fun-filled, magic-coemdy show. So sit back, relax and enjoy... the Magic of Max!"

In retrospect, after reading through some of the more detailed, illustrious and humorous intros that have been posted on this thread, I am begining to wonder if my intro is just to plain old, simple,and Boring?

I had always felt that the way my intro was written, it puts the audience in the right frae of mind to receive and enjoy my show, but perhaps my intro shoud mention about how I've entertained thousands of people over the years, from the east coast to the west coast and even in other parts of the world (ie.Africa, and the Bahamas).

Because I also include a very strong pickpocketing routine during the finale phase of my show, perhaps I should consider highlighting this by saying something like the following...

"...Ladies and gentlemen, in just a few moments, Max the Magician will entertain you with his Magic-Comedy show. Max is our special guest tonight and you're in for a treat. He has entertained thousands of people over the years, performing his show throughout North America, from the east coast to the west coast, as well as in other (more exotic) parts of the world such as Africa, and the Bahamas.

So prepare yourselves to witness some mysterious illusions --illusions that will baffle, amaze and delight you. In addition, some other effects in his show will include members of the audience and will make you laugh so hard that you will forget any worries that you might have had when you first entered the room tonight.

Although he is a gentleman entertainer, Max is also known to be a bit on the mischievious side --you see, he is also a compulsive pickpocket --he jsut can't help it. So please be forewarned... hold onto your your watches, and hold onto your wallets --but don't worry about your loose change!

Now, sit back, relax and enjoy... the Magic of Max!"

I know the above text is too long and too detailed.

Anyone who wishes to offer constructive input/editing or constructive comments would be welcome to do so.

As I re-read all of the above, my inclination is to stick with my original, short but inviting intro. Let the audience discover my stage persona as it unfolds during the show itself, instead of spelling it all out ahead of time.

As mentioned, all constructive input at this point will be considered and appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Not sure why I took the time to post all of the above, since no one has responded.

Oh well, perhaps I simply need to be a bit more patient.

As mentioned, any constructive input on my intro would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks for your consideration.

Jonathan
Jonathan
ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
Jonathon,
I like the short intro better. I think you're right. In the long intro your tipping to much of your show. Keep it short and sweet.
Lou
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Thamks Lou.

Much appreciated.

More input welcome, but after further reflection, I tend to agree with Lou...

"Short and sweet".
Jonathan
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
At 5'5" my wife thinks I am short and sweet.

We look like Sonny and Cher...

Harris

(Sonny without the hair or tree, said Nigel)
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Introductions (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL