We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » New Bunnies in the House!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EricHenning
View Profile
Loyal user
Laurel, Maryland
218 Posts

Profile of EricHenning
Hi gang:

Sorry it's been so long, but I've been crazy busy.
Our first bunny, Mr. Bun G. Jumper, passed away about 2 months ago at the ripe old age of 11 years(!) He was a white Netherland Dwarf with black points (ears, nose) and was rescued (purchased) from a pet store after being left over from the Easter rush. He was always very nervous and I never used him in the act (although he did do a modeling job once - he was perfect).

Betsy and I did some research online and then two weeks ago, I was doing magic at a local festival and the local Humane Society had a table set up, with the friendliest bunny we'd ever seen. She practically jumped into Betsy's arms. She's a 1 yr. old Dutch Mix named Freckles. So we visited her later at a local pet store that displays shelter animals for adoption, and we also met a gorgeous little chocolate Mini Rex named Hippity. Talk about "Mr. Personality!" - and he looks just like the Velveteen Rabbit.

For those who are interested, I've set up a Bunnies page on my magic site at http://www.HenningMagic.com/bunnies.html

I plan to patiently train the Mini Rex (the female is too big already at 5 lbs. for the act).

My question (and I do have one) is this: I would like to do a reading of "The Velveteen Rabbit" in schools and libraries and change the plush bunny in the real thing at the end - with no apparatus. Just misdirection. Any thoughts?
Thanks as always!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Wow, that sounds great! Hopefully someone will be able to help out with a suggestion Eric.

Congrats on the new addition:)
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Sorry to hear about Mr. Bun G. Jumper. (Cool name)
You must have been doing something right for him to live to be 11 years old. Congratulations on finding Freckles.
The Velveteen Rabbit idea is great. The only thing that comes to my mind for a production without any 'visible' apparatus would be to do a body load of some sort. You would have to have a way to ditch the stuffed one too. Hmmm...I'll have to thunk about this.

Regan
Mister Mystery
GuySavoie
View Profile
Loyal user
Tampa, FL
242 Posts

Profile of GuySavoie
Hi Eric - It's been a *long* time since we've chatted. Hope you are well.

A big, thick, leather bound "Children's Tales" to be read to the kids, with a rectangle cut through the center of the pages seems like a natural hiding spot for Hippity, until it's time to appear.

--- Guy
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Johnny Thompson's Commerical Classics has a short sleeve dove production that could work. Oh wait...this was 6 months ago.
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
EricHenning:
Boy, are those rabbits lucky to have found you, all three. I can not tell you how nice it was to read your post.

To tell you the truth, I don’t care how you produce your rabbit. I don’t care because I know enough from your post to tell that you will look at the production from the rabbit's point of view as well as the magic point of view.

Good luck (more of it) is bound to come to you and Betsy.

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » New Bunnies in the House!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL