The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Oops. Made a child mad with the D-lite (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
OK, this is a short and funny story but it wasn't funny at all to a litle boy for a few minutes.

You know those shoes that kids wear that light up when they walk? Well, I reached down and plucked the light from a kids shoe using the D-lite. I didn't perform long with them but when I was done the little boy was pointing toward me and almost crying. Basically, he looked ****ed.

Being deaf I didn't know what he was saying so I asked his mother. She said he's mad because I took the light from his shoe and it's not lighting up anymore.

I didn't know what to do. Luckily the shoe started working again. The boy seemed to forgive me because he was up assisting me and laughing after that.

Whew! That was close!!!

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Dakota Rose
View Profile
New user
Dakota Rose
100 Posts

Profile of Dakota Rose
Funny story Jaxon,

I don't know what it is with those darn D Lites. They can get a magician into a lot of trouble with kids. I have to tell this D lite story.

Tim Shegitz is a friend of mine. We were doing our annual IBM Ring 324 Show in Ohio. Tim was going around before the show doing some magic with the kids. Tim actually left a light in a kid's head. Can you believe that. The kid's mother knows my mom and said the kid was complaining all weekened after the show about the light the magician left in his head. He kept telling her that she had to take him to see the magician so he could get that light out of his head.

I think they need to put a warning label on the D lites.

Dakota Rose
Dream things that never were and say, "Why not."

Junior Editor Linking Ring - Youth Forum

www.dakotarosemagic.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
2 D'liteful tales!!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Angela
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
190 Posts

Profile of Angela
Jaxon and Wakanda, that's awesome! Must have been strange at the moment, but hey guys-- it's really cute how those kids believe. I always want to perform for adults who react more like that... adults who just stop trying to analyze everything and start taking it for what it is.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3323 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Magic is powerful in the minds of the true believer or those who can suspend their disbelief long enough to enjoy it. We live in such a technologically advanced age it takes a lot to mystify adults anymore.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Ron, you just NEVER know what you are going to run into.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Oops. Made a child mad with the D-lite (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL