The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Chop Cup Problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
maniac
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, Ga
65 Posts

Profile of maniac
Yes, I bought a copper chop cup a few months ago and it was not possible to turn the cup over and not have the ball fall. This is my second chop cup and I tried the ball from my old one and it worked ok. So, I returned to my local magic shop and rather than refund my money they gave me a new set of balls....problem solved.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Check out John carney's video Carneycopia and Dave Williamsons Slight of dave 2. They both have great gaffless chop cup routines.

To answer your original post. Try to recharge the mag of your cup by sticking a strong magnet on the mag side of your cup overnight. A friend of mine sugested that to me once and it seem to have worked.

Best of luck!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3386 Posts

Profile of Julie
Maybe substitute a dollar bill folded and held in that folded position with a paper clip instead of a ball?
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Quote:
On 2004-04-08 13:20, Pete Biro wrote:
Sleight of hand beats gimmicks more often than not.

I agree with Pete on this. If you learn a full cups and balls routine (without a chop cup), you will have all the moves necessary for any one cup routine. If you ABSOLUTELY need to show the hands empty and lift up the cup, you might want to get an Omega Ring. Then you can perform the chop cup effect with any cup.
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Chop Cup Problem (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL