The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Recommended books for beginners (68 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1400 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2019, EndersGame wrote:
For beginners wanting to learn card magic, it is hard to do better than Roberto Giobbi's Introduction to Card Magic.

This 150 page book was created in 2012 as a course for people starting card magic, and has just gone through a revision in 2019. Normally selling for €9.95, for a limited time Mr Giobbi is making the updated version available for free as a digital download in PDF format. The book has lots of illustrations, and links to youtube videos that show the moves that are taught. It also includes half a dozen card tricks. Much of the material is based on Giobbi's best-selling book Card College 1.

To learn more about it, check out a detailed review of this book elsewhere on The Magic Café here.

Update: This book was only free for a limited time, and the revised 2019 version is now selling for €6.95. That is still very cheap, considering the excellent content, and that the 2012 version was selling for €9.95.

Even for €6.95, I highly recommend it, especially for people looking to start out with card magic, develop their card handling skills, and get going with some self-working card tricks.

Where to get it: https://www.robertogiobbi.com/site/produ......rd-magic

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
Stumpy82
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Stumpy82
I feel like I’m not really adding a great deal to the discussion by saying that my favourite first go-to books that I’m still working through are Royal Road to Card Magic and Mark Wilson’s Complete Course in Magic. I managed to pick up a copy of the latter on Amazon’s book store for only £1! I found that by using both of these books in conjunction with each other, along with a handful of relatively inexpensive beginner gimmick tricks, gave me a good starting repertoire. I made sure I performed the tricks from each chapter over and over so that I was confident of being able to perform on demand, and am now at the stage where I’m being asked for “more” by friends and colleagues on a regular basis.
Topper2
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Topper2
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2020, Stumpy82 wrote:
I managed to pick up a copy of Mark Wilson’s Complete Course in Magic on Amazon’s book store for only £1!

An outrageous bargain! But you can do even better, I've noticed that Amazon market place are offering a copy of The Pocket Book of Magic (Kingfisher pocket books) by Peter Eldin for a ludicrous £0.01. Make no mistake, this book is well worth picking up despite its diminutive size, it contains some excellent material including 'Out of This World' by Paul Curry and 'Equally Unequal Ropes' together with much else besides.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Recommended books for beginners (68 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL