The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Cellini does Slydini? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
stilson
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of stilson
I heard that this new series is in the works. Does anyone have info on when they are scheduled for release, or any other details of this project?
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Its being edited right now...and its the best Slydini I have ever seen well except of Slydini

look for it in the beginning of the year
koz
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Koz,

Does he do the Slydini torn & restored newspaper?

Iain.
silver
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of silver
I think Slydini is unique and nobody can be as good as Slydini was.
ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
For anyone in central NJ, we're hosting Cellini's lecture on this topic early next year. Drop me a PM for more info.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
No torn and restored newspapaer....but he does torn and restored napkin
JardiniMagic
View Profile
New user
Scottsdale
72 Posts

Profile of JardiniMagic
AS a Student of Slydini, Cellini The work should Be good as well as Can Be as there is not to many out there who can compare! Look Forward to it!!
The Magical World of Jardini
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Its shot but we are not sure when we are going to release it...down the road....by next x-mas
koz
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
I too studied with the master for a long time. He made everything look extremelly natural and beautiful. He was almost like a dancer, the way he moved. At the same time, he could fool the pants off anyone.

I'm sure Cellini is very good in his own way, but I don't know if anyone can match Slydini.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2004-12-11 18:04, tedb wrote:
Its shot but we are not sure when we are going to release it...down the road....by next x-mas
koz

Koz,

That's disappointing news. I was waiting for this with bated breath. But, from a marketing decision, perhaps releasing just in time for a Christmas season make sense.

Oh, well. Time to go pick up my paper-balled napkins and go sit in the corner and practice tossing them over MY head.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
silver
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of silver
I totally agree with Boat - Cellini is somebody else and not Slidini and that is reason why I don't think that he performs the same as Slidini...
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Well no one can peform any thing exactly like anyine else...but I promise you this material is the very best stuff on Slydini in the world...and it will blow you away..i'm not sure when we are going to release it but we might do it in the spring...we will see

koz
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2004-12-13 12:45, tedb wrote:
Well no one can peform any thing exactly like anyine else...but I promise you this material is the very best stuff on Slydini in the world...and it will blow you away..i'm not sure when we are going to release it but we might do it in the spring...we will see

koz

Koz,

I making myself available to beta test this DVD and pronounce whether or not it is up to either your prior standards (which are high) and/or accuately portrays Slydini (which is also a high standard). (grin)

Seriously, Cellini is a former student of Slydini and you can see the Slydini influence in many many of Cellini's performances (on his "Art of Street Performing, Vol 2" and his "Magic that can be performed anywhere" DVDs). The Slydini gestures and mannerisms are there. I am confident that this DVD will maintain the high standard set by the prior DVDs and will not disappoint or short-change any Slydini fans--or those looking for a glimpse of the Slydini style.

Mike

P.S. Koz, will there be any historical film clips of Slydini performing (similar to those shown on the "Magic that can be performed anywhere" DVD?

P.P.S. Am I correct in assuming that the Slydini DVD is NOT the DVD that is being produced on "passing the hat and getting tips" (which I believe is going to be Vol 4 of the "Art of Street Performing" series? And, when is that DVD (Vol 4) going to be released?

Eschew obfuscation.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
P.S. Koz, will there be any historical film clips of Slydini performing (similar to those shown on the "Magic that can be performed anywhere" DVD?

yes there will be....thats a big deal and is slowing down this production but there is a lot of stuff we have found...we have video of Slydini lecturing in the 60's

P.P.S. Am I correct in assuming that the Slydini DVD is NOT the DVD that is being produced on "passing the hat and getting tips" (which I believe is going to be Vol 4 of the "Art of Street Performing

yes you are

koz
perlimpinpin
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of perlimpinpin
PPS Koz

Any update on the calendar ? I loved the 'Magic you can perform anywhere' and am really looking forward to the Cellini on Slydini DVD.

Respectfully
Daniel
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I don't think we are going to be on that until maybe september of 2005...a x-mas release....we are going to be working on some new some from lonnie chevrie and a pair of dvd's from lance delong who is a great coion worker and makes some of the very finest quality gaffed coins in the world....very nice stuff...

plus we beleive that the Slydini dvd's deserve to be done with great quailty....

koz
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2005-01-17 11:45, tedb wrote:
I don't think we are going to be on that until maybe september of 2005...a x-mas release....

koz

Koz,

You just broke the Code of the West ("Where seldom is heard a discouraging word...and the skies are not cloudy all day....").

Mike

Eschew obfuscation.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Cellini was not just a student of Slydini. He was more like an adopted son. He is one of the most knowledgeable, talented and creative students Slydini ever had.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
And one of the few that isn't a "bargain basement Slydini" that does all of the same gestures and (sometimes) even the accent. He's one of the few that took what the Master taught him and made it his own from what I have seen.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2005-01-17 11:45, tedb wrote:
.....plus we beleive that the Slydini dvd's deserve to be done with great quailty....

koz
I 'hope' this goes for all the other productions too ? Smile
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Cellini does Slydini? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL