We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » When No One is Left to Remember, the Knowledge is Extinct... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Utah Showmen
View Profile
Regular user
Utah Showman
135 Posts

Profile of Utah Showmen
Hi All,

"The human race has always applauded achievement. There are cave paintings remaining from the prehistoric era to prove this. Architecture in ruins which is still studied and admired. Music which has survived the ages, and the work of playwrights and artists long gone to dust remains to be enjoyed by those yet to come.

A live performance leaves no trace but a vanishing memory…

Like the flame of a candle, it is departed all too soon. Without a trace. A live performance is an event that lives and dies. The most fragile form of Art. I have spent a wonderful lifetime enjoying and studying the work of the finest Performance Artists of modern history. My Peers. My Friends. My Teachers. My Family.

Performance is the mainstay of the culture of my people. Show People.

When no one is left to remember, the knowledge is extinct…

In my lifetime I have seen much hard won knowledge of Showmanship disappear with the deaths of those who held it secret. This is wrong. I believe that those who learn are obligated to teach.

A flame can ignite another…

This is my mission. To teach the coming generation of infant Showmen, taking their first baby steps, as much as I can, about all that I know…"
http://www.knddesign.com/sc/home.html

Lee Kolozsy

Wishing you the Best,
John Robinson
John Robinson
Sideshow World
Preserving the Past....Promoting the Future of the Sideshow

Step Right Up It's always Alive on the Inside of Sideshow World

So Go In Now!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » When No One is Left to Remember, the Knowledge is Extinct... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL