The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Chest of Destiny (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tophie
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Tophie
Does anyone have this?
It looks well made...

What exactly is the effect?
bloodyjack
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle WA
343 Posts

Profile of bloodyjack
Its a prediction effect spectator chooses an object and in the bottom of the chest is a single prediction of the object they chose.
TA Walters explains the construction in "Mind Myth and Magic"
There is also a great presentation in Borodin's book 'Sheherazade' both these books are a must have if you are intrested in mentalism or Bizarre magic.
"sir i sent you half the kidne i took from one woman prasarved it for you tother piece i fried and ate it was very nise i may send you the bloody knif that took it out if you only wate a whil longer"
Tophie
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Tophie
Anyone have any comments on the one made by Tabman?
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Well, I guess the tabman can comment.

I can say that it is well made of mahogany, rosewood and other exotic woods, lined with 100% wool gaming table (Mali cloth) cloth and hand rubbed with antique oils. The five artifacts in the case are museum quality reproductions of a pre-columbian idol head, a large petrified sharks tooth found in the shoals of Deleware Bay, an obsidean arrowpoint, a cameo found at my grandmother's old place and a blue glass (colonial America) bottle neck. The original artifacts are in my possession and I make the molds in my shop and they are hand painted to match the originals which are set in sculptures mounting clay. I work alone and it takes many hours to make one of these chests and the artifacts contained therein. There are some pretty good pictures of them on my website http://tabmantables.com

The methodology is quite simple and basically foolproof. I have a lot of respect for the late T.A. Waters and enjoyed working with him on this. He outlined two additional effects for me during our meetings at The Magic Castle that I may make someday.

I am enjoying The Magic Café very much and am happy to talk about any of this stuff and help anyone.

thanks,

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Chest of Destiny (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL