The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. Tim Ellis Dvd's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicah123
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicah123
Can someone please review his two new dvd's. I am not sure if they came out yet. What skill level is he?
Thanks

24 years of living next door and ellis in wonderland????
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
I reviewed the 24 Years DVD last week.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......11&3

I also reviewed the Runaround Sue DVD
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......11&5

I also have the Ellis in Wonderland DVD but have not posted a review yet. I will do so soon.

I am very impressed by their attention to spectators.

The Wonderland DVD is absolutely packed with material. The material is stand-up and close up. This DVD is an absolute bargain by any standard. I will give more details in my review.

I really enjoy their energy and creativity. I consider them good purchases for anyone who likes to perform (which I do). Sleight geeks will be upset by the simplicity of the methods, and the fact audience interaction is being so highly encouraged.

Mike
Magic is fun!!!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I think Magic Makers produced these. Correct?

Tim is a wondeeful magician and entertainer!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
I purchased them directly from their Website:
http://www.magicUnlimited.com.
The DVDs are being distributed by Murphys Magic Supplies.

By the way, I didn't answer the difficulty question.
I will say that the DVDs are aimed at beginning-intermediate magicians. Most of the routines can be done by a beginner. Tim does assume that you can do the most basic of card sleights, classic palm a coin. He also teaches a nice complete vanish which will require some practice.

Mike
Magic is fun!!!
AAAAA
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of AAAAA
Quote:
On 2004-10-27 17:35, MagicChris wrote:

MagicChris,

It is funny that you mentioned that about Magic Makers. The other night I heard from a friend of mine that Magic Makers was approached to produce the Ellis DVDs and that they turned him down.. Im not sure how true it is, but it would explain Tims one man vendetta against them.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3803 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I don't have the dvd's but have seen Tim and Sue perform and explain most of the routines live. To say the least, this has to be one of the best acts I have ever seen in my 20 years. They are a fabulous team and Tim's magic is top notch. His cups and balls is the best I have ever seen. The material on these dvd's is very strong and meant to play for real world audiences more than magicians. I don't see how you can go wrong with them if the trick descriptions appeal to you.
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1224 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Quote:
On 2004-10-28 17:09, AAAAA wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-10-27 17:35, MagicChris wrote:

MagicChris,

It is funny that you mentioned that about Magic Makers. The other night I heard from a friend of mine that Magic Makers was approached to produce the Ellis DVDs and that they turned him down.. Im not sure how true it is, but it would explain Tims one man vendetta against them.

Dear AAAA (whoever you are).

I assume that post was an attempt at humour.

Sue-Anne and I produced the tapes ourselves here in Australia with a company called Orsino Images, Murphy's Magic Supplies are distributing them worldwide.

Magic Makers Inc was never a part of the equation (just in case any readers think there's even a whiff of truth in your post).

My "one-man vendetta" is neither a vendetta, nor one-man.

I just see Magic Makers Inc taking products from friends and colleagues of mine and producing their own versions without permission: (ie: Crushed & Cured Cola, Ghost Kings, Golden Key, Dice Thru Mirror, Time Machine, Penetration Wand, Magic Mints, PB & J, Dieabolical Die, Candy Vanishing Trick, Color Deception, Mind Reader Wallet, Pen Through Dollar, Perfect PENetration... and many more. See http://www.magicunlimited.com/magic_fakers.htm )

Previously, Magic Makers Inc brought out a few nicely made original items... but recently they've chosen to pursue the dollar at a cost to their own reputation within the magic community. They have had every opportunity to set things straight and make ammends with those creators they've stolen from, but they don't seem to be interested.

As the creators cannot sue Rob Stiff (and he knows it) and everyone seems at a loss to know what to do. We have realised that knowledge is power, and are spreading that word to all who are interested that yes, you can buy the Magic Makers Inc products... but also consider purchasing the better quality original item instead.

Believe it or not, many people were unaware of the rampant thievery a few weeks ago. Now they know, most people want to do the right thing.

Respect, within this community, goes a lot further than dollars.
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1224 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
BTW: Emyers99, Sue-Anne and I thank you for your comments. If you liked the lecture, you'll love the DVD.

We're working up some new material for our trip to the USA in April 2005. It's quite different, plus you'll get to see Sue-Anne doing a compact version of her 'I Dream of Jeannie' act.
AAAAA
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of AAAAA
What ever Tim (or who ever you are),
Sad you must constantly fight against this company. Whine, Whine, Whine.Sorry I did not realize you were the magic police. Let us all do according to your ideals and Views. I love the Crush and cured, Ghost Kings, Unseen Forces,Million dollar monte, Simons DVDS, Queens out of control, Art of card spliting,SAL PIACENTE 2 DVD'S, Time machine ETC... And if people can't handle IT to bad. It is sad we have sooo many narrow minded people!
AAAAAA
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1545 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I hope in the future AAA there is nothing left for you to buy!.Your the narrow-minded one if you don't think
the person who invents a trick is entitled to a just
reward.I love THINKING magicians like Tim Ellis.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1224 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Dear AAAAA (hmmm 5 A's in your user name, but 6 in your signature... is AAAAAA a knock off of AAAAA?)

I'm pleased that you are so happy with Crushed & Crued, Ghost Kings etc... That only means you'll be even more impressed when you get the originals (Healed & Sealed, Asher Twist etc..)

By the way, are you implying that I'm narrow-minded because I can't handle knock-offs? Can you please explain the logic that brought you to that conclusion?

I simply ask that the magic community respect each other. One way is by NOT knocking off other people's creations. What is narrow-minded about that?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Tim, you must unlearn what you have learned. That is the way to growth in magic!!

chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
AAAAAAA and MagicChris,
I believe your personal attacks on Tim Webster using misinformation are uncalled for and have soured this topic which was to be about a review of two DVDs.Obviously that is your intent!

Chappelly
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
What? I like Tim Webster. He's a gifted Magi that has shared his gift with us through his DVD's. We just don't agree on everything, bu that doesn' mean I don't like him.

chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
[quote]On 2004-10-30 00:50, MagicChris wrote:
What? I like Tim Webster.

MagicChris
His name is Tim Ellis and his partner is Sue-Anne Webster.
I have these two DVDs and I think that they are excellent.
The production and quality is the best I've seen on any magic DVD.
The tricks are top notch involving heaps of practical material with razor blades,mobile phones,credit cards,paper{plastic]money,coins,rubberbands,drink cans,cards,,,,
The explanations [24 years of living next door to Ellis] are done in a very unique way.
There are also heaps of special features which offer practical tips,show actual performances, describe Aussi Lingo,and show the 6 card rap dance Mix Music Video amongst many other surprises.
There's well over 6 hours of magic and fun on these DVDs
Well done Tim and Sue-Anne

Chappelly
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
[quote]On 2004-10-30 05:06, chappelly wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-10-30 00:50, MagicChris wrote:
What? I like Tim Webster.

MagicChris
His name is Tim Ellis and his partner is Sue-Anne Webster.

Chappelly

I know that. It's Tim Ellis that I don't care for. Tim Webster is a gifted magi. The other Tim seems hooked up to those Magic Maker fellows!!
:rotf:

Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1545 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Start thinking MagicCris.....or I'll set TruthTeller on you!!!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Markymark, please don't do that!!! lol.

Everyone knows I'm teasing. Tim Ellis is a very gifted fellow. I'm looking forward to getting his new DVD's!!!!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. Tim Ellis Dvd's (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL