The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Any comments on Daniel Summer's Compressed? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
Do any of you have this illusion and can it be done surrounded? Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you.
Ray Anderson
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Ray Anderson
I have Compressed. It has been a wonderful addition to our show. It never fails to get a great response.

It can not be performed completely surrounded.

Ray
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
From what I have seen on the website it looks very deceptive. I have a nice modern look to it also, I like that. I wish I could see one up close.

Keith
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
Ray
What are the angles and how hard is this illusion for the assistant? Thanks. Don
Ray Anderson
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Ray Anderson
Hey Don,

Our stage has a 3/4 round design. I keep the illusion slightly upstage from the audience on the sides. You just need to be aware of those sight lines at all times.

Daniel Summers is a wonderful new illusion designer. The way the box is constructed, allows for people to be just downstage of side view without seeing anything.

Although it is not terribly difficult for the assistant to perform, she would definitely need plenty of rehearsal in order to do it properly. I would say that it is harder than zig zag, but comparable to mis-made.

Hope this helps,

RR
donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
Thanks for the information Ray. It does help. Don
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I'd like to add that it looks really good, and seems to be a fooler. My jaded family looked at the demo video and couldn't figure it out, which is technically a good sign for me. I always liked Andre Kole's Squeeze Box, but I think that I like this variation better.
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1462 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
I have used this illusion for many years and it has always played very strongly.
It is highly deceptive and is different than your typical "slice and dice" illusions.
It is a great working piece that would compliment any illusion program.

Scott
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
Jay Alexander
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
28 Posts

Profile of Jay Alexander
I own one and think it is a great illusion. Be careful buying it from Daniel himself. I tried to buy one years ago from him. I paid for the rights and then the only builder that he gave the rights to build them went out of business. Daniel refused to return the money or give someone else the rights. He has now. I ended up buying a used one with the rights. I still never got the $1500 back for the original one. I suggest buying it from a respectable builder like Bill Smith.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Any comments on Daniel Summer's Compressed? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL