We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Best place to hide a PK gimmick (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
AngelMerlin
View Profile
New user
Madrid, Spain
59 Posts

Profile of AngelMerlin
I went to a m***** factory, and asked them to make for me a neodium m***** that measured the same as the interior of a BICYCLE CARD CASE. Imagine the rest... I can take it everywhere, and nobody ever suspects.

(What wasn´t funny is that it cost me $100)

Smile
Merlin!
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Merlin!
Another idea is to mount a small, powerfull one on a ring, haven't done this yet, but I have a feeling it would work good.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I often Slide a small (3/8 inch) neo m***** under my wide flat wedding band on the palm side of my hand. The m***** is about the diaateer as the width of band and is retained just by the slight natural bend of the finger. It stays there so well, that I have opften even forgotten it is there.

So you dont have to "attach it" nor use a special m***** - for some uses of it. I can "m***** palm" a lot of items, making them dissapear by a Wave of my hand.

Like any effect, it takes a bit of practice to really make it work well, but it can be pretty effective.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
AllThumbs
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
376 Posts

Profile of AllThumbs
Be careful when you put this in your trouser pocket...could cause some serious injuries Smile
The above is all rubbish, except that which you chose to believe
Dano
View Profile
Loyal user
Centerville, OH
240 Posts

Profile of Dano
I have mounted one under the lid of my close up tabletop case with velcro. The velcro enables me to move it's location under the lid easily, or just to ditch it from prying eyes. Smile
"Magic" is merely an illusion, but "Perception" is reality!
CENDRE
View Profile
Veteran user
FRANCE
334 Posts

Profile of CENDRE
Mine are :

* inside a cigarette pack. I cut 10 cigarettes to cover the PK m***** , then it let me a full line of real cigarettes inside. I take my cigarettes from this pack, and everybody can see the pack is full. So, there is no doubt.

* in a book : I have made a hole in the pages at the corner. And I let many pages free upside that hole. I can use the book in a group of books for an effect. I turn many pages, then I force another book for other effects, because this one can't be read Smile Smile

See you soon,
Il était une fois...

CENDRE
Paris
FRANCE
TiendaMagia
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
134 Posts

Profile of TiendaMagia
I cannot imagine a neodium m***** the size of a card case!
That would be a little bit too powerfull isn´t?
Do you have it already?If so...how is it working.
The m***** in the ring seems like a good idea.
Anyone uses it under the trousers at the knee level?
Cordially

Mariano Sosa

Magic Store in Europe

http://www.tiendamagia.com

Foro de magia en Castellano!

www.magiapotagia.com
Count Elmsley
View Profile
New user
Lincoln UK
66 Posts

Profile of Count Elmsley
Talking about m***** ....

I have just managed to obtain several m*****ic sheets 2 ft x 1 ft and very thin.

Super for a m*****ical magic trick, I thought!

But now I can't think what to do with them.

Anyone any ideas?

Smile
Alan
Mister Wizzy
TiendaMagia
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
134 Posts

Profile of TiendaMagia
You can use them to hold props...
For example metal boon writters,
Cordially

Mariano Sosa

Magic Store in Europe

www.magiapotagia.com
Mark Alan
View Profile
New user
St. Augustine Fl.
64 Posts

Profile of Mark Alan
I have also sliped a small neo m***** under my ring it works great and as BroDavid said you dont even know its there.I some times strap a larger ceramic m***** to my leg just above the knee,if I know in advance that I will be sitting at a table at some point. I always carry a steel penny to switch with a spectaters penny,this blows them away every time. Smile
TiendaMagia
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
134 Posts

Profile of TiendaMagia
Which kind of effect you do with the neo m*****, and Is the neo m***** the same as the rare earth m***** of neodyum?
cordially
Cordially

Mariano Sosa

Magic Store in Europe

www.magiapotagia.com
AngelMerlin
View Profile
New user
Madrid, Spain
59 Posts

Profile of AngelMerlin
Xaratax, yes, neodium and rare earth are exactly the same.

The only problem I sometimes have is that it is TOO STRONG. If I hold something firmly in my hand, the card case starts moving!!!

I´ve got to take so much care, that I can´t be nearer than 60-80 centimetres from anything. The manufacturer told me that it would possibly lift at least between 1600-1800 pounds!!!

Sometimes, peoples keys start moving suspiciously...

Smile
Russ
View Profile
Regular user
Muskogee, Oklahoma
127 Posts

Profile of Russ
If you ever got it stuck to something made out of steel, how would you ever get it off?

Like if you had it in your pocket and leaned up against your car, you might have to take your pants off. Smile Smile

Russ
"All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten" by Robert Fulghum
TiendaMagia
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
134 Posts

Profile of TiendaMagia
Haha very funny Angel
So I guess it is quite dangerous to hang around with you Smile
Cordially

Mariano Sosa

Magic Store in Europe

www.magiapotagia.com
mclare
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of mclare
Every Thursday I had my residency gig and every Thursday I finished and put my big PK prop in my trouser pocket and every Thursday I walked home and had to walk between two iron posts to get through a park and every single Thursday my thigh smacked against the pole and crippled me for the rest of the journey.
Fredrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
247 Posts

Profile of Fredrick
One place you don't want to put it is next to your Visa or MasterCard....

Smile
"Try to find the humanity in the magic and maybe you'll come up with something of your own. It's the humanity that gets you there, not techniques." Michael Moschen on Creativity
nappa
View Profile
Regular user
new york
108 Posts

Profile of nappa
ouch 1600 pounds imagine getting it stuck on someones car not only would you have to take your pants off but an explanation would be necesary to the car owner why a huge ****** is stuck on there car.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
1600 lbs? I don't think so.
You couldn't pull it apart!
20 maybe.
Hey, maybe I got a bad one...
I have one of the "Bats".

Smile
Daniel Faith
tkuhns
View Profile
Regular user
Kirksville, Missouri
134 Posts

Profile of tkuhns
I'm considering buying a PK gimmick, but I'm worried about the potential for damage. Don't you have to be careful of the range when you are near others's pockets? Surely they are carrying credit cards too...
Craig Matsuoka
View Profile
Loyal user
Kailua, Hawaii
271 Posts

Profile of Craig Matsuoka
Quote:
On 2002-10-15 04:46, AngelMerlin wrote:
neodium and rare earth are exactly the same.

Slight clarification. All rare earth magnets are not necessarily Neodymium.

The term "rare earth magnet" covers a variety of different types of magnet materials.

They're called "rare earth" because they contain certain rare earth elements of the periodic table. Neodymium and Samarium are two of the most popular.

Neodymium magnets are generally capable of slightly stronger magnetization than Samarium magnets. The tradeoff is that Neodymium is more sensitive to heat demagnetization. I wouldn't let Neo mags bake inside your car on a sunny day. It also contains Iron, so they'll eventually form surface rust if you keep them exposed to the air. This could stain your clothes unless you coat or plate the magnet.

On the other hand, Samarium resists heat and corrosion. That's why they're used widely in electric motors. The downside is poor mechanical strength. It's pretty fragile, and chips or breaks quite easily. That's why you should never attempt to force or pry one off of its mounting.

Probably more information than you ever wanted to know eh?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Best place to hide a PK gimmick (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL