The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Pre-show announcements (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
magicaldj1
View Profile
Regular user
Madison, Wisconsin
122 Posts

Profile of magicaldj1
Just wanted to let everyone here know that I do voice overs as well. I used to work in radio and I have my own little recording studio here at home. If anyone is ever interested feel free to contact me.

Andy Lindgren
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Hi Andy...do you dabble these days or attempt to make a living at it full time pro?

I do the latter, so good luck...tough business, especially at $50 a pop for these guys! hahaha.

Do you have a website with any audio on line? Need any help, just hollar.

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
578 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
I also use Doug's voice over as an intro and closer. He has a great voice he was willing to tweak the into a few times to get it just the way I wanted it. It was $50 very well spent. No where can I find a photographer....

Thanks, Doug.

Oliver Twist
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
WEll...I'm pretty good with a camera. I'll need the air fare though! Smile

BTW: Thanks for the testimonial. Smile

Doug
magicaldj1
View Profile
Regular user
Madison, Wisconsin
122 Posts

Profile of magicaldj1
That makes two of us Doug. LOL. Seems we are a Jack of all trades. I have also done some freelance photography for my hometown newspaper. Smile I just dabble in it now as well. Although if the right radio job came up I would consider it. Actually I would love to make a website. Email me sometime. Would like to talk with you more about it.

Andy Lindgren
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
I have a guy that is a professional DJ do all of my voiceover work. He has a friend that does a lot of work with him and you could even have 2 different voices on the same intro. If you are interested let me know and I will have him quote a price.

Matthew
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Quote:
On 2004-11-09 11:28, Xmosis wrote:

And Ray...regarding your photo...it's obvious how that levitaion is done...but HOW do you unhook your head from the nail at the top of the diamond? Smile

Fiesty Doug

Actually its a magnet that sticks to a metal plate he got installed in the back of his head.

:)
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
Quote:
On 2005-01-04 22:13, MDS wrote:
I have a guy that is a professional DJ do all of my voiceover work. He has a friend that does a lot of work with him and you could even have 2 different voices on the same intro. If you are interested let me know and I will have him quote a price.

Matthew

Any takers?
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
armagician
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of armagician
Can someone please PM me wher I can contact Doug?
Does he have a website. I would like a voice over.
Thanks
magicalmischief
View Profile
Loyal user
Massachusetts
239 Posts

Profile of magicalmischief
One thing that should be in your announcements is if y ou use a strobe light in your show...you need to make that aware to your audiences. Strobes can trigger seizures in a minority of people...but it's better to not take the chance and inform everyone.
Seems to me that death is just natures way of telling us to SLOW DOWN!
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1091 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I think what Lance was orinally looking for is my cd, which I first sold last summer at my lecture at the IBM Convention in Cleveland.

The cd is called, "The Show Starts Before the Show Starts"...here is the description:

The Show Starts Before The Show Starts (CD)
For years, Tim has used funny announcements before his show to help warm up the audience.
This CD has 24 cuts, including many funny announcements and several introductions
that you can use to start your show in a professional way.
Also included are several “useful” announcements that deal with “staying seated”, “no videotaping”, “silence cell phones”, etc. You will use this!

These are very professional...I play one announcement between each song in my preshow music. The audience is laughing and having a good time even before my show starts...hence the name of the cd.

I am sending it to the magazines for review, and will soon have it available on the web. If you want one in the meantime, send me an email at
tim@pkshow.com

or you can paypal me. They are $30 postpaid.

My paypal id is tim@showmethefun.com
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1867 Posts

Profile of kenscott
I just got mine from TIM and this CD is the best. WELL worth the 30.00 you will use this CD as soon as you get it.

Great stuff TIM!

Ken
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1091 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Thanks Ken!

For another enthusiastic review from someone who received the cd today...visit this link:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......11&9

The new and improved cd will be available soon! Email me at tim@pkshow.com to be notified of it's availability!

performbettershows.com
Carlos Hampton
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Carlos Hampton
Tim,

in your CD.... do you also have the music by itself so the voice over can be added in other languages????
funemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Asheville NC
230 Posts

Profile of funemagic
I notice hanklee sells Magician's EZ Edit music kit V. 1+3, is vol. 4 still for sale anywhere?

Thanks
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1091 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Carlos,

The CD only includes the announcements and introductions. It contains no music. Most people use the announcements in between their own selection of music.

Some of the jokes wouldn't make as much sense in the UK, so a couple of the annoucements have a USA version and a UK version. (thanks to Mike Clarke's help!)

The new CD will be available soon!

performbettershows.com
Lucy
View Profile
New user
Alabama
26 Posts

Profile of Lucy
Quote:
On 2004-11-20 20:05, Bob Sanders wrote:
Doug,

Get your Star Dancer the unicorn and Star Dance Castle voices ready. March she will be through training and ready to go.

Do you have a voice for Prince Bob?

Bob and Lucy
Magic By Sander
Star Dancer Castle Productions

Doug,

Plans change. Star Dancer was slightly injured in training so the schedule changed. Now we'll need voices for Star Dancer, Star Duster, and Star Drifter.

For Prince Bob a frog voice will be right.

Lucy
Queen of Star Dancer Castle

Click here to view attached image.
magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
If you need a quikie and are low on funds, you could check with a local radio station. I often get a local radio DJ to do pre-show intros if I do an interview about a show in the area. It adds a local celebrity tie-in to the show. It can be customized for that particular show and the kicker is I've never been charged a penny. They love to be a part of the act. Just bring them a recordable cd.

Curt
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
OK Bob...

Hope the horsey is ok??!!
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Tim,

Ken's endorsement is good enough for me. I just ordered one.

Dan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Pre-show announcements (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL