The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Anti-gravity Glass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

isaacfawlkes
View Profile
Loyal user
FL
256 Posts

Profile of isaacfawlkes
I came across an effect on ebay that I picked up cheap.It's called Anti-Gravity glass. It is a hydrostatic glass type effect but does not use the common method. I am playing with it and think I like it. Has anyone had any experience with this effect. I seem rather cheaply made but it work.

Anyone out there that knows anything about it?
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
This is a standard, very old prop used mostly on stage.
Glasses placed on tray and the tray turned over.
Usually a silk is plased in each glass first and then pulled out while inverted.
Of course use plastic glasses !
At least one version has a glass that can be placed on mouth up, as opposed to the usual mouth down.
The only book I've seen routines for it is the second volume of Gansons " Art of Close up ". but the above covers it basically.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Ted Lesley sells a hydrostatic glass that is made with real glass at a cost of about $150.00. There is also another glass sold under the name of "Superior Hydrostatic Glass" that is also made in glass that is sold for approximately $50.00. Both are exclelent items to consider if you wish to perform this classic effect.

Best regards,

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
isaacfawlkes
View Profile
Loyal user
FL
256 Posts

Profile of isaacfawlkes
Quote:
On 2004-10-29 12:51, eddieloughran wrote:
This is a standard, very old prop used mostly on stage.
Glasses placed on tray and the tray turned over.
Usually a silk is plased in each glass first and then pulled out while inverted.
Of course use plastic glasses !
At least one version has a glass that can be placed on mouth up, as opposed to the usual mouth down.
The only book I've seen routines for it is the second volume of Gansons " Art of Close up ". but the above covers it basically.

You are right this is called anti-gravity glass. But the effect that I am talking about is a variation of the hydrostatic glass. As I said before it uses a different method than the standard hyrostatic glasses like Ted Leslie's.

Does anyone have any experience with this effect and what do you think?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Ted Lesley's version is non-standard. It has some advantages over the standard version because of its unusual construction.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
isaacfawlkes
View Profile
Loyal user
FL
256 Posts

Profile of isaacfawlkes
I realize the unique advantages that Ted Lesley's version has. Bill is correct about it. It is the Rolls Royce of Hydrostatic glasses. I made one from Paramiracles, but the glass that I am asking about is different. It is very cheap (I payed $3.00 on ebay) it is a plastic wine glass and requires only the glass and the paper. Nothing to add or take away. I find it interesting.

Anyone Else?
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
What I do not like is the choices of things you can put in the glass!
For obvious reasons.
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
Mine broke after a few uses. Worked great the first few times but as it loosened it lost its power.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Are there limitations on the liquids one can peform this with... Is the glass self contained, or is there need for anything additional? If anyone has the "Mind Controlled Glass", I am really considering purchasing, but I would like to hear someone's feedback (specifically about Lesley's marketed version).

Thanks,

Sean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Anti-gravity Glass (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL