The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Parakeet Illusions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Is there a line of parakeet illusions? You know... the same classic stuff we use with doves; however, designed specifically for parakeets?
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
879 Posts

Profile of sperris
You can use a parakeet in a chick pan. I'm sure you can have a custom made balloon to parakeet. Like say have the balloon sitting on your table top (the table top is actually the ballon tray) and you have your blue balloon on it and you say something about the mysterious ballon trick or whatever and the balloon deflates. Bummer, but you trigger it via remote or something and it turns into the parakeet, just a random thought; for awhile I put a parakeet in a mirror glass and did a soda to parakeet and had him crawl out, I just turned the glass as I put away the liquid dispenser and that was enough to turn the glass, you and do the old pull the head off the dove trick but palm off a white parakeet or sleeve it and pull off the dove's head and have it be the parakeet and have it walk away. Ok that one was stupid, sorry; but really it's easy, just think of any dove effect you currently use and you can for sure put any animal in it one way or another.

SperriS
DANSPERRY.COM
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I am actually thinking about putting out several illusions specifically designed for parakeets... I need to find out what;if any, demands would be for such items. I have many great ideas but plan to research the rights, etc. Does this sound like a crazy idea or do you think magicians will continue putting these little birds into large,dove-sized illusions...
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Well I think it is a great idea I would love to use Parakeets but it is kinda hard to find effects for them so yeah I think it would be cool.

Best,

Luke
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
RS Magic(NL)
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
25 Posts

Profile of RS Magic(NL)
Personaly I think you do not work with parakeets.
These birds are very fragile and have quick stress.
And stress means,.....dead!

Richard
Darcy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Darcy
Parakeets are not as fragile as you would think... obviosuly you don't want to be rough with them, but all in all they are pretty hardy little birds. They require more attention than doves and what not but the results can be much more rewarding. I would think up maybe some close up stuff in which you could add in a parakeet.

Darcy
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I have several ideas for some of the classics...Bing-Bam Box, Parakeet Cannon, etc... Is there an effect you would love to see or own?
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
I converted a gloves to dove to a gloves to parakeet many years ago. It worked great with the parakeet being an easier load for this illusion than a dove, if you know what I mean. However, I stopped doing it following a Christmas show around 1987 or so when the little fellow made his appearance and then proceeded to clamp his tiny, but oh so sharp beak, onto my finger. I couldn't make him let go! The audience thought it was hilarious but it hurt like h**l. Of course it makes a great story now. I guess what I'm trying to say is, be careful with the budgies.

By the way,I remember Joseph making all those parakeets appear on the Carson show back in the 80's (not one bit him) and being impressed. I have an idea how he did it, but am not sure. Anyone out there who has the skinny on that, I would sure be interested in hearing from you.
Darcy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Darcy
I work with parakeets and the trick to that is handeling them a lot. They become very tame and will stop biting... I've noticed that sometimes around night time when my parakeets are tired they will start biting.. I guess they get kinda cranky.. but other then that they don't really bit me. If you handle them a lot they will learn that you are a friend and will start wanting to come to you.

Darcy
zaubern
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, Wa
335 Posts

Profile of zaubern
I bite mine back....just kidding:-P
Zaubern Smile
james_magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
124 Posts

Profile of james_magic
The book "Parakeet magic" by a number of authors, one being John Shirley, is a good little book that goes through everything you need to know to do parakeet magic. It contains quite a few illusions that you can build to use with your parakeets. Some are pretty brilliant.
James
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I'd be interested. I use to have parakeets, now a canary.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Hey guys,

I'm just checking back on this thread. I've made two proto-type illusions already (using parakeets) both are working great! I am looking into rights to them now. I will post a link to see them soon. If you are intrested, Email me at SteelLuvMagic@aol.com or gillesgalaxiesmagic@yahoo.com
Magically,
Bryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Parakeet Illusions? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL