The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Aronson (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
greydonthemagician
View Profile
Regular user
London, Ontario
149 Posts

Profile of greydonthemagician
Contact him personally, tell him Greydon recommended you do so;)He is here on the forum.
MagicLive! 2015 Smile
philippos1979
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of philippos1979
Past present future combined with a cold reading in the manner described in Absolute Magic by DB can be a true killer. To those who have both books the relevance will appear obvious.
-Magic? No,sleight of hand.
-The fact I MAY move my hand;your ability to reason;the motion of the universe; these are magical. Your logical inquiry into the possibility of something extraordinary is itself extraodrinary and that i define as magic...
chado158
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis, IN
80 Posts

Profile of chado158
Hi Philippos! I'll have to look at that cold reading in DB's book again. You know I love performing PPF as well and looking for more to add to it. Thanks for letting us know about that!
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Most folks have mentioned Aronson effects that are stack-independent. Which is cool. I happened to memorize Mnemonica, but most of my favourite memdeck magic is Aronson.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned Topsy Turvy from Simply Simon. The card choices are completely free, the deck is shuffled to death, the whole thing looks hopelessly messed up, yet the performer determines the selections well in advance of the revelations--basically, the trick is done before the magic starts. The method is not mathematical (though one must know the stack cold), and I am finding one can vary it a bit if one wants to do the revelations differently. I also think it's a stunner for a single spectator, as he is given free choice all along and shuffles the lot himself. I really think it is a gem that bears to be done and discussed more.

Les
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2010, Turk wrote:

Just recently, I discovered Past, Present and Future (in Simply Simon). Virtually hands-off handling of the deck by the performer. Three cards are freely selected by a single spectator and the sections of the deck are repeatedly shuffled--sometimes before the selection, sometimes after. I love the interesting pseudo fortune-telling plot and having the spectator picking cards to reflect her Past, Present and Future. All calculations are a slam-dunk, are "keyed off of" a single card and are easy to calculate, remember and perform.

Though the routine as written suggests a wallet index for the "future" revelation, I think it's awesome to do an ID revelation (using patter about having a dream the night before about doing this effect and flipping the dreamt of selection in another deck). Do it ungimmicked with Mike Close's ID routine, and the spectator gets to find the reversed card himself, compare it with the "future" card he put in his pocket at the beginning, and have his head explode Smile

Les
chappy
View Profile
Special user
709 Posts

Profile of chappy
My vote also for Twice as Hard.

Although that may change soon with Art Decko sitting on my desk waiting to be read.
DETAILS OF DECEPTION at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Aronson (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL