The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Bigelow Manuscripts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Tony may be right but Norm Bigelow certainly owes one person a very large apology for his latest "manuscript".

That person is me.

However, like I said earlier, I have come to view Norm as a person who probably would never admit he made a mistake and actually wronged someone.

The mere fact he keeps going on and on about this so called "challenge" when all of the real facts are put forward again and again only shows that I am correct in my appraisal.

And why should it matter what Norm or anyone else thinks in the first place?

Who cares?

At least I have the satisfaction of knowing I really did it the exact way the newspapers reported that it went down.

And that is all that really matters. I do not care to prove anything to Mr. Bigelow or anyone else.

Like I suggested earlier;... save up your money all new escapists and buy something of real use.

Steve Santini
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Supposedly there are a few pictures of ML somewhere in some past magic magazines I beleive but I forgot what I was told. what is done is done. lets continue on with the future.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi all. I wasn't going to post anything on this but I thought I would since I have actually got a copy of this manuscript.

First off I feel that the manuscript is far too personnal. I got quite a bit out of it. The stuff on the King Breakers is great. As is the other practicle info in it. But the stuff about Santini and Lee will not help anyone.

As for the article. It says that Santini didn't see or have access to any of the locks used in the escape. It says, as Mike points out, that the bar was handed out for examination afterwards. So to me this seems very fair indeed.

Also, if one man gives out a challenge to another man and that other man changes the original challenge to fit himself he is no longer taking part in the original challenge. For example, it would be like me setting a challenge for someone to escape a posey sj with front and side loops whilst underwater and them changing the challenge to include a humane sj without loops. It's still an underwater sj escape, yet it is not the same escape that I set. Therefore you cannot claim that this person beat me. All he/she has done is beat their own challenge.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
GreatWizardoftheEast
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
124 Posts

Profile of GreatWizardoftheEast
Here is my two cents. Who cares! The name of this section of the Café should be renamed, All Tied UP With Egos!
Harold White
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
For some that may be the case. And the others who are more humble are often ripped apart out of sheer jealousy.

Pity really.

Steve Santini
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Tell me about it. I've been jumped on for saying, in essence, "Lighten up and face the bigger reality."
I might add that the worst attacks on me were cheap shots akin to the delivery of an angry child in a schoolyard.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Hey can anyone help me out here...i would like to see this article on Steve's escape that everyone seems to have read.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Hi Tony,

If you mean the article on the "killer cuffs" that seem to have generated almost as much controversy as the Mirror challenge did in it's day, (joke here folks), then did you not get a chance to see it when we toured the Collingwood Regional Museum during Escape Con 2004?

It was displayed with the cuffs at that museum.

If not, kindly post that this is the one you mean and I will e mail you a scan of it.

If you mean the article that was done on my escapes by the German newspaper during my recent trip there I will be happy to send you that one instead.

Cheers, Steve Santini
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Hey Steve, I mean the "Killer Cuffs" article. I know it was posted at the Collingwood Museum, but there was so much great stuff to look at and we were having so much fun that I really didn't get a chance to read too many of the newspaper articles. If you have the German article translated already I'll take that too if you don't mind. If it's not translated yet I can wait as my German is pretty rusty. Thanks in advance.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Its also in the back of Concealments if you are lucky enough to own a copy. Out of print now?
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Hi Mike,

No, not out of print yet.

However, I am seriously considering retiring all of my books, manuscripts, and gear from the public market.

I have always used everything I write about and created to good effect in my own career. However, it seems others just would rather stay with other methods/suppliers and put down alternative ideas, concepts, and equipment so I guess it's probably best I just keep my ideas to myself and let them serve me like they always have.

When I relook at the posts made here on my lastest book and the joy some people seem to taken in being negative about it without having even read it themselves and I look back at the posts here in the past about my lightning bar cuff by people who do not even own it let alone have used it I know for certain I am making the right decision.

I am in no way bitter or angry about this but certainly do feel that if people want to think a certain way and not reach out and experiment, then why should I waste my time and efforts trying to offer alternatives.

It's just the way things are.

I love creating escape ideas and concepts and have presented a number of them to the market and public domain over the years. From now on I guess I will just work for the person that I know for sure can really put future ideas and equipment to good use.

Namely, me.

Steve Santini
GreatWizardoftheEast
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
124 Posts

Profile of GreatWizardoftheEast
Mr. Santini,

Where are your things offered? Or through what site?
Harold White
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Everything that remains save for some books that I have here is carried by Shawn Ness at the EARL library on the net.

Once his stock is gone, and mine, I imagine that will be it.

This is not a sales pitch, rather this is just the way it is.

Steve Santini
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Hey Mike, thanks for the reference. I do own "Consealments". In fact with the exception of a few props, I beleive that I have a complete "Santini collection".
Hey Steve thanks for the articles, and hang in there buddy, you still have plenty of people who appreciate your contributions.
To anyone wishing to look at some of Steve's fine products, or for "Bigelow Manuscripts", since that was the original title of this thread (see how I segued us right back on track Smile ) Please go to the EARL store by clicking on this link http://www.ealib.org.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I Got My Seals Manual/Book the other Day just have to Read it.
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
OK I finished reading the article on the Santini challenge handcuffs. Having handled these cuffs myself, I had a couple of theories on how Santini escaped from them. If I'm to take the accounts in the article at face value, disregarding any theories that the reporter was on Steve's payroll, then I have to say that I really don't have any clue as to how he escaped these cuffs. Even though the reporter states that the padlocks were still locked on the bar when Steve emerged from underneath the tarp, I personally saw him pick open these locks in a matter of seconds while at the Collingwood Regional Museum in Canada during Escape Con 2004(with special permission of the curator). So unless he switched the locks, and paid off the curator in some elaboratley diabolical sceme to somehow impress those of us who attended the Conference, it is my considered opinion that opening the locks during his original challenge, if that is what he chose to do, would have presented Steve with very little challenge.
Just my humble opinion. Tony Parisi
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Gosh Tony, now you've made the entire thing sound easy!
(just kidding!).

In any event, I wanted to pint something out.

The padlocks that were on the handcuffs when they were on display in Collingwood were not the one's supplied by the newspaper during the original challenge.

Although I got the cuffs after the challenge, the padlocks used went back to the owners of them who needed them for practical purposes.

One of them was the reporter's own bike lock and it went right back on her bike after the challenge.

The others went back into service with the original owners as well. I imagine they were used to lock things up at the newspaper office.

So, the locks you saw me pick open in seconds at the museum were not the original locks used in the challenge. They were good qulaity pin tumbler padlocks but were not the 3 used on the cuffs the day I beat them. I just wanted to clear that up.

Steve Santini

For anyone who may be interested, the original padlocks supplied by the press and used on the handcuffs the day of the challenge were as follows:

- A pin tumbler padlock

- A warded cable bike padlock

- An antique "Scandinavian" padlock of the type often referred to as a "Scandinavian Jail Padlock" by padlock collectors.

(I can't imagine what they used this to lock up at the newspaper office as it was antique but since the town is rather old and the paper is housed in an old building, it is rather likely that this padlock came with the building and was there on something when the newspaper took over the space).

Steve Santini
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
OHHH!!! SO....The locks that I saw, were NOT the same ones used originally. HMMMMMMM... very interesting Santini, I guess you know who was right about you after all! Well watch your step mister, I'm gonna keep my eye on you..... Smile
Don Randini
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Don Randini
Santini does not mislead!

Don
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Ha ha ha! Good one Tony.

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Bigelow Manuscripts (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL