The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bought Hopping Halves... Now What (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Never used gaffed coins before.
Found HH on ebay for $30.
Bought it because you guys said so.

Now what? Do I just use the trick/patter
that came with it or are there other
things to do with it.

One reason I bought it was to have expanded shells and I've seen effects with them.

If anything comes to mind, please let me know where I can find these great effects.

thanks,
frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Full Effect
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
257 Posts

Profile of Full Effect
The regular Hopping Halves routine is great for layman.

If your looking for routines that uses the expanded shell besides basic coins across, coins through table etc.
check out Dave Neighbors notes.

Other material: Dean Dill has a few assemblies that uses the shell. David Roth also has a video in his Coin Magic Made Easy on the expanded shell/coppersilver.
"Running water never becomes stale, so keep flowing" - Immortal Dragon Bruce Lee
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
I know of a web site that has ideas for the hopping,halfhttp://people.cs.uchicago.edu/~alain/magictalk-wisdom/discussions/hopping_half.htmlf.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I would recommend a c/s coin ($9)and 4-6 english pennies. When they are all tarnished you can pick out the ones that most closely match the gaffs as they tarnish.Keep your eyes open for the regular shell and cut down penny set as well.I don't know if they still market this, (they make one called China change that matches the C/S/B if you buy the Sterling set)you may have to find it used. The other matching peice to this set is the scotch and soda w/eng penny. Add a Johnson flipper half. I know you have above average handling with regular coins already, so these should be the icing on the cake. Buy two or three coin stack droppers from Hank Lee. They are brass and pin under your coat, for a couple dollars each. Get two of the Royal coin vanisher and appearing sets
for a couple bucks each. Throw away the "appearing" peices and keep the coin vanishers(pulls).They are very small and not easy to spot.(unlike the Vernet types) Two of Michael Ammars coin clips are needed as well.($20 ouch)I know you own a chunk or two of wax.A few small velvet bags, and a pocket organizer, and the set is complete.
The Ammar clips can be added to the Royal gimms with a short length of 2-4lb test thats got the right color.

With this set, you will be the "Lizard King"

Well practiced puts,steals and passes are all thats missing. Smile
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
gimmick1586
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of gimmick1586
Now you practice and amaze people.
Couldn't resist.
But there are so many pieces with it I bet you could find some different way to use them or just one piece of it. Esecially the sun and moon coin. Smile
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi'
I have A Hoping half Routine Where you start clean with two real coin that you can hand out In My Sound routines Booklet ( that's The one on the Rattle gimmick). And As has all ready been said Lot's of stuff on the Shell! and some stuff on the sun& moon too!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bought Hopping Halves... Now What (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL