The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Walmart? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
This feels a bit like revealing secrets or gimmicks because we're deconstructing tricks, no?
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1904 Posts

Profile of chmara
15 or twenty years ago one of our better local guys constructed a finale card trick routine that would fit the bill.....

He wore a hard-hat and tool carrier around his waist -- had a couple of things in the tool carrier but finally had a pick a card trick......... could not find the card -- funny stuff around that and a few tools --

then he brought out a leaf blowed. On front of the blower he mounted (coat hanger wire I suspect) a roll of toilet paper -- and when he turned on the blower the paper came out as a streamer -- unrolling in any direction he pointed the blower ---

And -- while it was unrolling the card came out of the roll and was found among the large pile of paper now on the stage.

Enjoy.,
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Quote:
On 2004-11-01 15:19, Pete Biro wrote:
I won't detail the tricks, but this ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

We were booked into a theater to our Midnight Ghost Show... and when we got there the movie screen was nailed down to the stage right at the front.

The theater manager would not change it, so we had to do a full evening show in the aisles of the theater.

Many of the tricks we had were too big and we couldn't do them in the aisles. So armed with tons of knowledge from places like the Tarbell Course, we went to a Woolworth Store (young folks won't recognize the name but it was what was called a "Dime Store" too -- and you could get almost anything there) and bought lots of things like rope, rings, etc., and put together a show.

The KEY to all this is your KNOWLEDGE of magic.

Had an illusion show at a school carnival.

When I sold the show I saw the stage and told them that it was just big enough.

When we showed-up to unload they had the room devided by a large screen and on the other side was a Book Fair. They wouldn't turn the lights off on the stage or stop the book fair while we were performing - so they made noise. we had 7 feet from the apron to the screen so we had to wheel the illusions in from outside and lift them on the stage - then back down and some of them had people inside.

To answer the initial question - had I known what they were up to before hand I would have gone to a store and put together a show with Clothsline cardboard boxes and a quarter bolt of fabric.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Demanding stage space is one of the first things I remind a customer of. Sometimes it doesn't work out but I've learned to be flexible.

Here are a few things to discuss impromptu designs for, with items from walmart:

TT, dye tube, mouth coil, salt pour, sponge balls, silks, pull, ....
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
1. Cut & Restored Rope ( Scissors and rope )
2. Nest of Eggs w/$100 ( Ziploc bags, Toy eggs, Hot Glue )
3. Torn & restored Newspaper ( Newspaper, Glue Stick )
4. Appearing broom ( Regular Broom , Bathtub tube cover , Glue)
5. Vanishing mug/a la vanishing bowl ( Mug, plate, crazy glue )
6. Egg Beater Mind reader ( Egg beater, tray, tape, paper, crayons )
7. Card Across (Deck of cards)
8. Sympathetic Silks ( 6 silk scarfs )

WOW, that's a parlor act...see you later, I'm going to Wall mart!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
willhunter
View Profile
Regular user
Providence, RI
140 Posts

Profile of willhunter
How about three tumblers and a few toy ball for a cups and ball routine. Find something odd for the final load.
aka Billy Boston
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Walmart? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL