The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Vanishing CEO (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jarzamagic
View Profile
New user
Finland
10 Posts

Profile of jarzamagic
I`ve been asked to make CEO vanish during his speech. I would like to know what you think is the best way to do it? They are willing to pay 2000-3000 $. Any recommendations? Is it possible to do this kind of illusion with Tilfords "The Chameleon - The Ultimate Self Contained Surrounded Flash Appearance Frame with Optional Vanish"?

Thanks allready.

Jari
tilford
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of tilford
Dear Jari,

Go to my website.

Next, Click on TESTOMONIALS. Scroll down to The Chameleon and you will see a Testomonial by Adam Milgate. Click on his Name and his e-mail address will appear and you can contact him Directly and Privately.

Sincerely,

Douglas Tilford
http://www.tilfordillusions.com
magician@tilfordillusions.com
Phone (386) 322-7308
Fax (386) 761-3973
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Jarazmagic,,,

There are many ways to make him dissapear... What type of staging will yo have..

I usually use a tip over trunk in a high fashionalble way or I use a base with the steps.... Dpeending on my staging...

check out magicauction.com it should give you many idea..

Curtis
BondJames628
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama
110 Posts

Profile of BondJames628
In Mark Wilson's Course of Magic, there are a few ways to make people disappear including the CEO Doorway. I belive it can be used as a vanish as well as an appearance. You could decorate the door for the company.

:coffee:
Beyond Impossible: www.freewebs.com/illoosionzmagic

"I close my eyes in order to see"
~Paul Gauguin
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
Quote:
On 2005-04-01 23:40, BondJames628 wrote:
In Mark Wilson's Course of Magic, there are a few ways to make people disappear including the CEO Doorway. I belive it can be used as a vanish as well as an appearance. You could decorate the door for the company.

:coffee:

Does that door appearance actually fool the audience? I looked at it in the book, but it looked so easy to figure out.
-Tyler
BondJames628
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama
110 Posts

Profile of BondJames628
I think it would fool them. You must remember, we are magicians and we know what to look for. Audience members don't.

:subtrunk:

~Paul Gauguin
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Jari,

A vanish is a lot difference than an appearance. You can surprise an audience with an appearance but if you do a vanish you are giving them the opportunity to study the prop and figure out what happened to the CEO.

If the client is willing to pay big money you'd better have a great prop or method of doing it. What quality would you expect if you paid $2000-$3000 to someone for 2 minutes work? Avoid the Chameleon. It's not a fooler. The fact that you would consider it tells me you are new to this type of performance.
If you'd like some tips email me and we'll discuss it a bit more directly.

Best,

Tim
BondJames628
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama
110 Posts

Profile of BondJames628
I'd have to agree Tim.

~Paul Gauguin
magicjohn2278
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man UK
544 Posts

Profile of magicjohn2278
Who was it said, "Never finish your act on a vanish."?

.... and how is he going to reappear to join in the party later?....
Drs_Res
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Drs_Res
IMHO, you might want to talk the company into making him appear, and then make his speech. I think that would have a greater impact.

Unless there is a special reason that they want to make him disappear, like he is being fired. Smile
( / ) The Bunny
(O.o) Add him to your signature.
(> <) Help him rule the world.
/_||_ Prosper at his side.

Scott
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
We use a Modern Cabinet.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I agree to make him appear for his speech is going to be much stronger for the them. I would make a custom silk and do a blendo type patter routine and produce him from behind this. This could be done with a wing curtin or a center split. PM if you need more info. But the patter ideas for this are unlimited to set up the big cheese to come out and talk.

Vanishing him in middle of his speech or even at the end of it would take all the impact away from what he is saying. And if he vanishes or changes into another person, how are you going to bring him back for the rest of the program? If you make him appear at the back of the auditorium or such, he becomes the magician to the audience.

I would stick with an appearance.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Magic Nathan
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Magic Nathan
Have you done your CEO vanish yet? If so..how'd it go? If you are still looking a good vanish contact Ryan Joyce ( http://www.ryanjoyce.com ) and ask him if his vanish is available. I saw him do it in a recent show and it floored everyone. It was very clean and quick, no boxes or cabinets.

Nathan
MajesticWizard
View Profile
New user
Lakewood, WA - USA
58 Posts

Profile of MajesticWizard
Instant popularity with the rest of the company...thats what I say. If the CEO is rotten guy, that makes the trick even more fun. But I'm sure that's not the case. You'd have to wonder, as an audience member if, the participant would be let in on the trick at some point, otherwise they might not be so copperative I suspect...lol.
- Shawn

"Explore your world, its waiting for you".
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
As far as the door illusion in the Wilson Course is concerned....yes...it DOES fool the audience. We used it to open a show and with the right bits of theatre in there it worked GREAT. I recieved a lot of great comments on that illusion in particular after the shows.

It can also be used to produce one person, then a second if you work the trick twice which can add an extra little something to it.
eilers
View Profile
New user
MI
45 Posts

Profile of eilers
You can easily build a Tabouret for $500-$600 and you can do it COMPLETELY surrounded.
- Steve -
unrealmagic.com
tophat
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of tophat
I must admit, while I myself am irrelevant to the talk at hand, I am curious about the "Tabouret" illusion, which I have never heard of. (I'm a close-up dude, who's starting to break into stage) Is it a new illusion, or a classic? What is the effect?
Tanner & Company
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Tanner & Company
A rather genious idea was written in "The Art of Magic" it had three seperate panels in which he would laos be abled to reappear from. great trick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Vanishing CEO (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL