The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Favourite jumbo card trick... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cameron Fisk
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
194 Posts

Profile of Cameron Fisk
Anyone have one they like doing or watching? I have some ideas but they're pretty undeveloped at the moment. Cheers.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Don Alan's Big Deal...freely selected card from regular deck matches a jumbo prediction card/trick repeated with a jumbo 3 1/2 clubs surprise finish.

also...Billy Mccomb's McCombical Prediction in jumbo size (dealer item).
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
I second McCombical Prediction. I also like Jumbo B'Wave. Jay Sankey has a nice version of a stop trick using a Jumbo card for the prediction. It can be found in his newest book Unleashed.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Sidewalk Shuffle should rank close to the top of the list.....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Jaybs
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Jaybs
I like to perform Twisted Sisters with jumbo cards. Unfortunately, you can't do the Elmsley count in the beginning as an extra convincer that all the cards are face-down.
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Big Deal, McCombical Deck and Sidewalk Shuffle are all outstanding and I use them all. Another I like is pretty obscure, called Jumbo Blanko.

Ten cards counted and shown (back side only)- spectator picks one and I pick one, surprise they match, of course all ten must be alike... The finish is the other 8 are all blank cards.

Frank Tougas
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
Hi,

The thing to keep in mind here is not to look only for routine that are sold with Jumbo Decks, but rather which card routines can be adapted and performed with Jumbo Cards!!!

You will find that there are many. Although sometimes you might have to change/modify the method because some sleights cannot (or hardly) be done with jumbo cards.

so along this way of thinking, here are some routines I have performed with Jumbo Cards:
-Card Warp
-Insurance Policy
-Card in Grapefruit (unless you can find a HUGE orange!!!)
-Card on the Ceiling (change the size of rubberbands)
-I.D.
-The Last Card
-Party of Six
-Story deck routines
-Split deck
etc...

My 2 cents

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
Avin
View Profile
New user
Georgia
53 Posts

Profile of Avin
If I might, here's another vote for McCombical Prediction. I've seen it kill and I've seen it bomb, but properly rehearsed and executed it's great fun for performer and audience alike.

Good points, Saturnin - I like the way you think!
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Jaybs, you can perform an elmsley count with jumbo cards. Simon Lovell does it in his effect called the Lemming Ace Exchange (I think.) He doesn't count the last two like you usually would though. Instead, when he's left with two cards he spreads them. It's much more convincing to the audience.

Of course, I think Twisted Sisters is more powerful if you don't do the elmsley count anyway. I never do it when I perform it with poker size cards either. Just my opinion though.

Caleb

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

Kephri
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm Sweden
196 Posts

Profile of Kephri
Apart from "Sidewalk Shuffle" my favourites are:

- Royal Fantasy (Lubor Fiedler)
- Tonte (Ton Onosaka)
- Joker Poker (Jose de la Torre)

Also not to be forgotten Jose de la Torre's
book "Magicana of Havana" have a chapter with
card tricks for an ungaffed jumbo deck. Among
them a good three part Oil & Water routine.

Last but not least I also like the "Jumbo 8
Card Brainwave" on David Eldridge's "Fundamentalism"
DVD.

All the Best

Magnus
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
643 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
Juan Tamariz has a version of the three card monte that's very effective.
YVRDave
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
104 Posts

Profile of YVRDave
Kate and Edith by Kerry Pollock
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
What is the effect of Kate and Edith?

YVRDave
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
104 Posts

Profile of YVRDave
It's a story of a King - Stan, his Queen - Edith, and his mistress - Kate. It has a poem that goes along with it, full of double entendres. It's as much of a comedy bit as it is a magic routine.
Ony Carcamo
View Profile
Special user
Manila, PHILIPPINES
608 Posts

Profile of Ony Carcamo
Has anybody here have the "House Mouse" version of the sidewalk shuffle? it's available at Hank Lee and I tried it. It's great. Four cheese (instead of numbered and face cards) are shown and suddenly one cheese got lost and replaced by a mouse. The mouse appeared and disappered throughout the hilarious routine and in the end, the mouse disappeared when a cat appeared as a big, surprising finish! Uses 4 big jumbo cards.
Any other reviews on this?
Ony Carcamo
PHILIPPINES

www.onycarcamo.com
hocopoco
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of hocopoco
Trevor Lewis' "Homing Card" is an excellent routine that is relatively easy from a handling aspect and plays very well with larger groups of people.
tbaronio
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of tbaronio
Ray Mertz's “Jumbo Cards and Coins” routine. He took the standard cups and balls routine and re-worked it using jumbo cards and half dollars. The final loads are jumbo coins!

The routine can be found in "Close-up Cavalcade Finale" by Jerry Mentzer.

I also do Kate & Edith!
Tony
Roy McIlwee
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Roy McIlwee
Roy Walton's "Grown Up Hofzinser" from The Complete Walton Vol. #1. It has a nice double surprise stunner to finish.
Thank you, Roy McIlwee, Scranton, Penna.
markhammagi
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of markhammagi
My first magic mentor (Ron Lancaster) did the "Sympathetic Cards" trick by Magic Ronnay (produced by Emerson & West). I believe that this trick is still available in magic shops. Ron made his cards for this trick and it killed.
Andy
etawil
View Profile
New user
New York
64 Posts

Profile of etawil
The Sympathetic Cards idea makes me think . . . how about Paul Curry's Deal/Switch Mystery (or more particularly Zarrow's Swindle Mates handling from EPILOGUE). Would play great as a platform card trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Favourite jumbo card trick... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL