The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Escape Artist Convention 2005 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
I heard through the rumor mill that the 2005 Escape Artist's Convention has been set for October 7th through the 9th somewhere in California. I haven't been able to confirm this yet and there's nothing that I could find on the Cannon's website but I'll post more when I find more out. Does anyone else have any info?
Best regards, Tony Parisi
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
If it's in California I won't be Going Smile
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2478 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
If it is California, I might be going.

I do live in California after all.

Sorry you won't be there Donster, I think it would be cool to meet you.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Thanks Cliff. I even have relatives in Cucamonga calif that I'm not sure if I ever seen why not two ea conventions a year.
Richard Sherry
View Profile
Veteran user
Calgary, AB, Canada
313 Posts

Profile of Richard Sherry
Hello!
I have been informed by Mark Cannon himself that the convention will be in Ontario California in October of 2005.I hope this helps.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Richard Yes it Does Help. but I know a few people who won't be going because of the location and its not the Cannon's Fault.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2255 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
I am in South Africa. Are these conventions worth the trip?
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I'm not sure if they are or are not worth it I havent been to one yet.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2255 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Neither haveI. Thanks anyway.
Wolflock
South Africa
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Hi Wolf, this will be my 3rd Convention and I really feel that they are definitely worth the trip. Especially for this years convention. I don't want to tip too much until the Cannon's officially release the information but from what I hear this will be the best convention yet. Rumor has it that there will be lot's of top people there including Steve Baker who is planning some special surprises, Mario Manzini who will be doing a big escape stunt and probably a lecture, Ian McColl from Australia will most likely be there with some new amazing creations and perhaps we can even squeeze another lecture out of him. I'm also trying to pursuade Norm Bigelow to attend, to lecture and possibly perform. There will probably be several competitions, including fastest lock picking like last year, fastest handcuff picking, and an open category escape competition with a substantial cash prize. I believe the Cannon's are also planning a Gala Star Escape Show for that Saturday night. I don't have the list of performers yet, but I'll post more as I get more info. In addition, there will be a dealer's room with Cannon's Great Escapes, Tom Carrier from Escape Masters with his new sack escape that he's developed with Norm Bigelow, as well as other fine products, and most likely Shawn Ness with his fine products from the EARL store, plus Steve Baker has some great new products coming out and Mario Manzini will have his lecture notes, DVDs and some great new escape items. I'm sure that Mark and Sheila have some surprises scheduled for us as well, but the best reason to go in my opinion, is the comradery, and the fun times which we always have. I usually get about 5 hours of sleep for the entire weekend, but I wouldn't miss it for the world. I know It's a haul from South Africa, but we do have people coming from England and Australia as well, so I hope you manage to work things out and I hope to see you there. You won't regret it.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
From Reading this I might know of a Surprise to that might be in store for them. Don,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2478 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I do not live in Ontario, nor do I live particulary near Ontario, but it is worht a trip for me as it is only a 2 hour or so drive. Can anyone tell me where to find registration information?
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
CliffG for Registration information I'm guessing try contacting http://www.cannonsgreatescapes.com
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2255 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Thanks for the info Tony
I will check out the site. I would like to attend, just got to find out if it will clash with any of my shows. It will be nice to go to, considering that I am the only Escapologist in South Africa, so it will be nice to talk to other escapologists. Hope I can make it.
Wolflock
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Wolflock if you can go by all means. a lot can be learned and shared.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2255 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
I will try. Thank you.
Wolflock
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Your Welcome I wish more people were as nice and polite as you are Wolflock
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Escape Artist Convention 2005 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL