The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Looking for a portable and pack flat table that's stable for all purpose usage.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1813 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Viking Manufacturing puts out a lightweight aluminum table base (like the Eureka base only lighter and smoother.) Add small top and you're set. (The flange they include for the top is set up for a quick release.) Here's a link for the base: Click Here!
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
Does anyone have the Mikame "appearing table"? I know it "packs flat" and could hold a tophat. Comments on stability?
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
dbeckler
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of dbeckler
I have two Mikame Appearing Tables. For the small size and light wieght they are very stable. I have put upwards of 20 pounds on mine with no problems.
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
I have a wonderful table that I use for my parlor show (probably too big for closeup, though). It is made by Cosco, and it's called a suitcase table. The legs telescope to 3 different lengths, and they fold flat underneath the table (like a card table). The difference is that the table itself then folds in half again and has a built in handle, so you carry it like a suitcase. When folded in, it's about 3" thick X 20" W X 24" L. When opened out, it's 20"W X48" L, and is adjustable to 3 different heighths. I paid about $25 for mine, and use it in all my shows. Packs very flat!
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1264 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
JK's table is Here!

"14-648 Suitcase™ Adjustable Height Folding Table".

What I found interesting, too, was the other table there, "14-260 Wood Folding Table". It looks like it would be a classy show table valuable for it's fold ability. It's only 29" high, though.

JK, is your table stable??

Steve H
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
Yes, my table is very stable. It's just big enough to hold my briefcase and have a little room to work with left over. I use Dan Harlan's idea from 'Pack Small, Play Big' and do my show out of a briefcase that I keep on the table with me. I have a tablecloth that hides my ditchbag from the audience, and the table is just perfect for me.
Cashetta
View Profile
Regular user
Rehoboth Beach, DE
128 Posts

Profile of Cashetta
I've been looking for a Folding Briefcase Table to take on the road with me. I actually could use 2 of them. The only one I have seen so far is on magicauction.com and it's been sold. What luck. The table seems to be similar to the one Jeff McBride uses in Magic On Stage Vol 2. Anyone know where I can get my hands on one of these?
Thanks in advance!
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I like using my spider table. Breaks down very quick, it's light, and it's strong. Also, doesn't take up a lot of room when transporting.
Daniel Faith
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
G&M Nightclub table sold by Mak Magic and others. Looks nice, breaks down, VERY sturdy, 3 shelves plus top. It is advertised some places for around $250. If you look for a little bit, you can find it for around $200. Well worth it too!
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
365 Posts

Profile of Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
So now I know: Viking sells the infamous flange that goes on top of the Eureka stand.

But their page says somebody else makes it: anybody know where we can get these?

ATPG
------------

We could have been practicing!
Alexander the Magician
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Alexander the Magician
A guy I know named Pat puts out a wonderfull table. http://www.pmsmagic.com

If you are willing to put up the money, this table is really beautiful and in my opinion the best out there. (Just ask Jeff McBride, he uses one!) It's big but also flat. It is 2' by 4' and has about 15 different hieghts, low enough to sit at, to bar height; it can be tilted, it comes with curtain and savant (sp?) Folds flat, and is incredibly sturdy (about 200lbs).

The surface is like that of a close up pad and it comes in many colors. I take mine with me everywhere. Stage or close up. Great table!
-Alexander
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
The Neilson table looks great and if it folds down as flat as the ads say it would my pick.

I constructed my table from:
*a piece of a off cut timber
*a vacuum cleaner pipe
*an office chair
*a bar stool

It cost me a grand total of $19 and looks pretty *** good! Other performers ask me where I bought it!

The only problem if that the wheeled base is not as flat as it might be.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Looking for a portable and pack flat table that's stable for all purpose usage.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL