The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Need Gospel Linking Ring patter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Smile Yes I know, it should be obvious but I'm hitting a writer's block on this one. Smile (FYI, I have a standard 10" 3, 2, K, 2 set)

Also patters with silks, bounce/no bounce would be appreciated.
:clownonball:
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Interesting. I used to have Linking Rings, but gave 'em away long before I became a believer. Now I'm a missionary. I have also been thinking about getting some rings again, and have done just a bit of thinking on Gospel applications.

Obviously, unity is needed in the body of Christ as we seek to do our part in the Great Commission. Unity as individual believers, and unity among churches (Eph 4).

The rings can be used as symbols of individual believers (or churches) "coming together" or linking to form one body so His Word may be spread around the world (as you bring all the rings to form, say, a ball that represents the world).

On the other hand, if you are simply presenting the Gospel to folks (the above use would be more for those who already believe) you might go with stories like the Lost Sheep, Prodigal Son that first establish the "lostness of man when not linked to God", followed by a "joining". Hope that makes sense. All those parables in Luke are a gold mine.

I'm sure there are better applications - it's been a long while since I've thought about the Rings, let alone Ring applications for the Gospel.

John 6:44 - "No man can come to me, except the Father which sent me draw him, and I will raise him up at the last day." Rings could be linked as The Father draws someone.

The linked set of three can illustrate the Trinity.

No doubt my best stuff will come to me while I'm in the car - far from my computer.

Let me know what you think and come up with -I'll probably use it myself!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Eric Reemer who is an excellent Christian magician - has a lot of "gosepl patter" on his site - you'd do well to check him out.

http://www.illustratedillusions.com

Hope that helps you,
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
I suppose that a three ring routine with each representing the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, the three separate yet still one has been done. Or that through God that even the most seemingly impossible task is in fact possible through his Word.

Billy McCombs, Seven Cornered Silk routine could be used to show that even though He might be known by different names there is only the One God.

As for the bounce no bounce balls, you could show that when you have accepted God as your Saviour you are filled with his undying love and love you "Bounce for Joy" as you are filled with the wonders of life and his Word. But for those who have turned a blind eye toward the way of truth and light they know not the true meaning of Joy and their lives have no meaning nor purpose and therefore do not bounce.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
Rob; The Fellowship of Christian Magician's magazine, "The Christian Conjurer" July/August edition has a Linking Ring routine by J David Teaman. It is very short routine and the message doesn't come until the end of the routine. Let me know if you can't locate a copy, and I will try nad help. Where in Germany do you live? Smile
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
DougTee,
I live in the Kaiserslautern Area (about 30Km from the border of France.) I would appreciate any help you could provide. I'm totally revamping my Gospel routine and really feel the need to start from scratch.

Payne,
I really like your Bounce no bounce suggestion and I considered the Trinity approach with the rings, but I want a slightly different tact. I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for on the rings.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
I too am having this problem, I am wanting to use all of them (7, I believe)

Maybe the 7 churches or something with the number 7 in the story? Maybe not, maybe have a story before or after I do it, relating it to the Bible or Jesus.

Any ideas, pm me, email me, or post here

I really need a good patter or story by about 2 months from now.

Thanks,
Gary
P.S. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were eleminated
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I just got a Jim Cellini Video called Lord and Master of the Rings.

It is a short, direct, very well done, 20 minute videotape that thoroughly explains a Ring routine. But this isn't just an ordinary ring routine; it is a two Ring, ring routine. Two Rings!! That is all!!! And the tape has a ton of different moves clearly explained by Cellini. It is incredible!

I have not started working on my routine and patter yet, I am still learning the moves.

But I was thinking about our nature; Sin! And two rings, one represents us. The other our Sin nature. Looks just like us, sometimes we can't tell quite who we are. Man of God, or Man of Sin?

One day we will forever be separate... But for now, (link on) we go through life linked with our Sin nature, etc.

And from there, I will go through the other various moves, linking on and off, from above, from behind, impossible connections that even amaze me. I will then go on talking about how we try to ignore it, and we deny it, and rebel against it, but we see something, or things, a thought and once again this wicked Body of Sin is shown to be part of of us and to even control us....

That is all off the top of my head, and I haven't even begun to choreograph the moves, but I expect to learn the moves faster with an eye to fitting them to the message and shaping the message around them. I am already really excited about this routine!

Just two rings! But you have to see it done to appreciate the beauty and elegance of the simplicty of just two rings.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
is there a web site where I can see it?
P.S. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were eleminated
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Hello Pyromagician,

If you are asking about the Cellini performance, as far as I know, it isn't on a site anywhere. (If you are asking about the routine I was describing, it is completely under construction and hardly exists, even in my mind)

For Cellinin Information, you might check Kozmo's site at http://www.magicman1234.com as he is tight with Cellini and has some Cellini information there.

But I am pretty sure that you have to buy the video or catch Cellini at a Lecture to see this wonderful performance.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Need Gospel Linking Ring patter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL