The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Show Off 1 and 2 by Brian Tudor review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roxy
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Roxy
Just watched Showoff 1 and 2 by Brian Tudor and all I can say is he has big hands. Cutting cards to him seems so easy because he has big hands. Smile I think he did a bad job in Showoff 1 because he seemed lazy to teach. He looks like he needs more sleep. Showoff 2 is a better production in my own opinion because he teaches in 2 angles.

Everything is pure eye candy and the moves look good. For people who can't do the one handed rev, a charlier cut can be substituted, I think.

That's it.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
He does seem a bit lazy to teach but he was a lot younger then. I don't think big hands matters as much as you think. I put both
1 & 2 on 1 DVD which makes it a hell of a lot easier to go back and forth.
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
Great stuff, if you are into flourishes, but he does NOT explain well.

Do yourself a favor and skip "Generation X", the explanations are even worst on that DVD, notwithstanding the fact that his voice is 3 times more boring too (always same tone).

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
Roxy
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Roxy
Why skip Generation X? Is the teaching really really bad compared to showoff 1?
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
In my opinion, his teaching style is terrible. Folks doing flourish DVD's need to understand that we are all tangled up with the cards trying to learn some of these moves. Monotoning through each move, one time, makes learning very difficult. Good teachers review, and redo, difficult parts of their routines.
Roxy
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Roxy
What other flourish videos do you recommend. I already have Cradle To Grave Project, extreme Cuts With Keone, Showoff 1&2,and my CObra vid is coming soon.

I know that many people will say The System, Cap Cuts and Ricky Jay videos but I heard bad reviews about it. Are there other videos out there?
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
The System as far as I know is getting mostly awesome reviews out there. And it IS awesome for that matter. Smile I wouldn't categorise it with Capcuts, the System is far superior. Smile

Anyways, if you HAVE got down Tudor's material pretty well, I WOULD recommend the System to you, because if you have a basic foundation of flourishing (especially tudor's material) you should have little problem with the teaching in the System.

Other than that, you made good choices buying CTG, Showoff 1 and 2 and the upcoming Cobra. You could also look into Jerry's Encyclopedia of Card Flourishes. It's not exactly a video (it;s a book) but it is a must get for any flourisher. Smile
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
Roxy
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Roxy
Thank you for the advice. People are saying that I should avoid Generation X and Showoff with cards. If I don't buy Gen X, I can't learn the Tudor Cut, I really want to learn it , and Showoff with cards has a dozen moves I want to also learn.

I saw Jerry's Book and I can say it superior and no doubt a very good purchase. But books don't do me good. I learn better by watching.
ashah
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of ashah
Generation X is the worst video I've ever seen, in terms of teaching (I haven't seen any of the other flourish videos though, so I can't compare). The teaching segment is actually comical in terms of how impossible it is to follow:
"Right thumb, middle finger, rotate, revolution cut, left packet move..."

The explanations are highly unclear, and as I said, very very difficult to follow.
Roxy
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Roxy
Where else can I learn the Tudor Cut? It's the only display cut I want to learn from Gen X.
capitalprophets
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of capitalprophets
Its really a mess , he doesn't teach at all, just like his other DVD's he takes only 3-4 seconds to teach 1 move or flourish, specially in Gen X its almost impossible to get down his moves unless you watch it 50-60 times , in my opinion I don't think that even 50 times will work , unless you been doing flourish from long time now..
Roxy
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Roxy
Does Brian Tudor teach flourishes in Heckler?
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Agreat souce for inspiration , but not for learning. If you are really focused and relentless in learning , you weill pick up on it.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Show Off 1 and 2 by Brian Tudor review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL