The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » DAN and DAVE DVD SYSTEM ! who has this, what do you think ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Burns
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Burns
Well SOMEONE needs to get their info straight. (not you David.. lol. ur right)

I really hope KAY was joking... if He didn't he need to read a book or two by Mr. Erdnase.

Thank you
Thank You very much
Elvis Presley
(yes I'm alive. but I'm hiding as "Burns" so I don't have to sign athographs)
"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous..." -GrumpyOwl-

"I don't invent, I do Personal Discoveries" - Myself-
Kay
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Kay
Quote:
Either you are joking as well or you really don't get it, Erdnase is dead. He wrote his book in 1902 and died a couple decades after that. I could put my username as Ed Marlo, but that won't change the fact that he's dead and that I'm not really him.

So S.W.Erdnase is not Erdnase and David Ranalli is Ed Marlo but not really him, but how come S.W.Erdnase said above that he's still alive and well ?!?.. um... confusing..
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
Wow, you're one really confused guy...

I could put my username as Dai Vernon. Does that make me Dai Vernon? No! Same case for the guy with the username S.W Erdnase. Having that for his username does not make him Erdnase. Erdnase is dead. I'm sure his posts about being "alive and well" were a joke though I don't think you comprehended that. If you did and are being sarcastic in your posts, that's all fine but you're making the topic stray even further than it already has! Smile

Can we please get back on topic now?????:p
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
Kay
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Kay
So CLJ, you're saying that this S.W.Erdnase dude has been cheating me the whole time ?

Thanks CLJ, you have been really helpful. I respect you on that my man.
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
Dude, he was joking. his posts about him really being Erdnase are sarcasm. probably. Smile

Okay, now let's REALLY get back on topic now. Smile
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
Bizarrist
View Profile
Loyal user
The Man of Mystery
236 Posts

Profile of Bizarrist
Indeed!

Poor Dan & Dave.. [sad]

I'm still waiting for The System DVD to come off back order. I check everyday but no joy...still on back order. Maybe by next weekend.

As to the recent flourish about the apparently dead S.W.Erdnase I offer the following comments in hopes that this thread will get back ONTOPIC, your response is not required or desired but provided to end the apparent confussion regarding this issue.

There are many books and papers as to who S.W. was. A gambler, a murderer or perhaps an engineer and magician. But one thing has stood the test of time, no one can be Sure who he was.

There is one thing for Sure he left us a wonderful book called The Expert at the Card Table. Many consider this the bible of card manipulation. Many others have spent years of study to perfect The Erdnase System. I am but one of these students whos past and family hertiage falls in line with the mystic of The Man of Mystery.

The revelation of S.W.Erdnase, no disrespect to Dai Vernon intended, shall be revealed in time. I can only tell you this for now, those that are students of the Erdnase system will appreciate the resources to be found in their quest to master the Erdnase System.

So are there any that frequent here, who have the Dan & Dave System, find that the tools in the vault really make the difference when used as intended with the purchased DVD, i.e. the over the shoulder instructional views?

It appears to me, since I don't have it yet, that this was done to help fight piracy of this dvd in as much as making the teaching of the D&D System more difficult with the default viewing modes available.

What are your comments on this feature of the Dan & Dave System?
The Most Beautiful Experience We Can Have is the Mysterious.
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
734 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
Has anybody found any of the so called Easter Eggs yet?
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
Quote:
On 2004-11-07 12:04, Rcitgo wrote:
Has anybody found any of the so called Easter Eggs yet?

Yes, there are a ton. If you have access to the System vault you can go see a few of 'em. Smile
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2004-11-07 14:38, Kay wrote:
No, I only got Western Spaghetti. Hold on, where is it ??

Why don't you stop making worthless posts and contribute to the actual topic if you can?
Kay
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Kay
Yeah in farms, my SYSTEM will be reaching me soon man.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2004-11-07 23:19, Kay wrote:
Yeah in farms, my SYSTEM will be reaching me soon man.

Cool! I can't wait for mine to come as well.
I look forward to your review Gay!
Caution
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of Caution
I got the DVD. Not too impressed. Some things were cool, some were not. Check the review section for a full review.
Mike
UBKuel, IBkuel.
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Thank you for a thoughtful review Caution.

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Haha yeah.

Anyway, I got my dvd today.

What to say...

The stuff is well put together but...
Lack of Music at several places like at performances.

And the change of music in Spring jam annoyed me.

And a few small bugs but that's the only thing that I found negative about the DVD.

Its a nice DVD, althought they don't go much into detail in the DVD, you get help on the forum, very helpful.

PA is what I liked most about the DVD, some nice stuff there.

The first molecule production fooled me a lot as I expected another production there and that hit me.

Leno cut is great, practising that now as well as molecule 1 and 3 and TCTCSA.

Keep jamming.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » DAN and DAVE DVD SYSTEM ! who has this, what do you think ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL