The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Pyramid of Ptahotep (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Does anyone own and perform this routine? I was thinking about picking this up. Sounds very interesting! I am a huge fan of ancient Egypt. This could be one bizarre piece of magick using an old twist. Check it out here:

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/customer/pr......p;page=1

What do you think of this one?

Phil
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
Phil,
Some really nice magick here. I met Mary at Weerd Weekend. She is wonderfully creative! The routine is entertaining and complete with all you need. I have it, I use it (altered a bit), I love it. If you have
interest in Egypt this is a must have routine, you
wont be sorry! I like this a lot more than the hand of miss Cleo. (Isn't that what its called?)
Props look great.
Magickman

Magickman
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
I have never really done a Gypsy Thread routine before. Is it fairly easy to learn? I have heard that it can be a powerful piece of magick to perform.
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
It's not too hard to learn. I saw Eugene Burger's wonderful version, using gold thread and 'breaking' it over the flame of a small candle, while speaking of the tantric cycle of existence (Brahma creates; Vishnu sustains; Shiva destroys; Brahma re-creates from the ashes).

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
montz
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of montz
This routine sounds really nice... particularly as the restoration of the thread takes place in their hands, as opposed to the magicians - much more involving.
mrmysticmike
View Profile
Elite user
Cleveland, Ohio
427 Posts

Profile of mrmysticmike
I agree with Magickman. The props are great and you can weave several stories with an Eqyptian theme.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Keep going! I'm being persuaded to work up this presentation. It's sounding better all the time.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Hey Slim,

Do you have this one? If so, have you ever performed it? Now that I think about it, I recieved this years ago when it first came out as a Christmas gift, but alas, it has been lost with time, so I am going to buy a new one. I have never performed gypsy thread before, so I have a new challenge ahead of me. I hope it is fairly simple to do.

Phil

Albert Einstein
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
Phil,
It's simple, so all thought can go into your presentation. I was very surprized at how the spectators reacted to the effect. I had been doing gypsy thread for a number of years, but the pryamid in a spectators hand that restores the thread has a marvelous impact! Its so clean. It will become an instant favorite.

Magickman
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Although I am very biased toward Egyptian props and bizarre presentations, I was less impressed with Eugene's "reincarnation" presentation of the Gypsy thread than I was with his prior version. I realize that Eugene's "reincarnation" presentation does not use Egyptian props.

I have seen Ted Lesley do his presentation of this classic on at least a dozen occasions, both in English and in German, and I feel that it is by far the most beautiful and powerful presentation of this classic I have seen.

The second would be Jonathan Neal Browne's presentation with the yarn.

Maybe this proves that some classics can be presented in many different ways without losing anything.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
What's your feeling abotu Peter Samulson's presentation?

How about a presentation based around the Fates?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Hey guys,

I found this nice little article on the originator of this effect while surfing the net. Pretty interesting read. I would like to find some more of her effects. They sound great! Here is the link. Check it out.

http://www.dragonskull.co.uk/m_tomich.htm

Phil

Albert Einstein
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Does she have a website? I couldn't find it. DAAA
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
No, her website is down and has been for the past year or so. I know she moved, and had a job change and some other stuff and hasn't had a chance to get it back running yet. She is missed.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
733 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
Hey guys (gal?)
are the any actual photos of the props...just wondering the scale of things.

Thanks
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2004-11-05 23:57, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
What's your feeling abotu Peter Samulson's presentation?

How about a presentation based around the Fates?

I haven't seen Peter's, but Borodin has one around the Fates. It was inspired by Ted's performance at Borodin's 70th birthday party. There is a poem, and it will be in the next book.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I just saw Eugene Burger do his version of Gypsy Thread tonight here in Daytona. I had the same reaction as always but my girlfriend LOVED it. That settles it for me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Pyramid of Ptahotep (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL