The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Pea for three shell game » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VoidedHider
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of VoidedHider
Hi, I was wondering if any of you guys could help me by giving me some tips on how to make a good looking, soft pea for use with the three shell game. I know that some people have bought them from School for Scoundrels but I am low on money and plus I live in the UK so I can't get them from most of these kind of places.

Niall
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Cut one out of a cosmetic sponge. Color it green (or whatever color you like, since it really doesn't look that much like a pea anyway) with some fabric or acrylic paint.

If you really want to go overboard, find some liquid latex at a costume shop, mix some acrylic paint to the desired color, and coat the sponge in that.

By the time you're done experimenting, you would have just about spent the same amount of money as you would have if you had just gone out and bought the "Perfect Pea" in the first place, but what's the fun in that?
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Charlie Frye on his video Eccentricks two shows how to make a great pea out of a triangular make up sponge and a fabric dye pen. The DVD is awesome and is available direct from Charlie at http://charliefrye.com

You just cut a chunk out of the sponge that is pea size and color it in. They look great. Although I don't know if buying some make up sponges and a fabric pen is any cheaper than buying some perfect peas for $15 from the school for scoundrels.

Hmmm..
-------------------------------------------
Wow Dave you are quick! Your post wasn't there when I started mine....so basically, what Dave said.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
It looks like he has a duplicate conversation going on in "Ever so Sleightly" as well.

Let's all meet THERE
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Pea for three shell game » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL