The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy coins across (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WhiteAngel
View Profile
Loyal user
West Virginia, USA
269 Posts

Profile of WhiteAngel
I would like to do some comedy with this effect, but I have no idea for anything remotely funny for this. Anyone got any suggestions?
True illusionists strive to decieve the eye AND the mind.....
Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
-Use a funny toy gun to teletransport the coins
-Make the espetators say funny magic words
-Make gestual and goofy body movements

Hope this helps,
Darío
WhiteAngel
View Profile
Loyal user
West Virginia, USA
269 Posts

Profile of WhiteAngel
Yes, those are good ideas; however, I am looking for funny overall patter. I am completely stumped. Thanks, I will experiment with those for a while, but I still would like an overall patter idea. Thanks again.
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Hi White Angel,

Perhaps something along the lines of how your money goes magically from your hand into your wife's hand.

Just a thought.

Good luck
WhiteAngel
View Profile
Loyal user
West Virginia, USA
269 Posts

Profile of WhiteAngel
That's good, I like that! Oh wait, I'm 18, and I don't have a wife! lol, but I could use my girlfriend just the same. Nice! Anymore, guys? I have been toying around with a few ideas now, and I will post them when I figure them out completely. Thanks again!
suspectacts
View Profile
Elite user
Boston
493 Posts

Profile of suspectacts
White angel:

I know this sounds counter-intuitive, but I would actually suggest against looking for an "overall funny" or "high concept" solution for finding comedy with something like the coins across.

Because of the nature of this kind of trick - lots of set up, counting, volunteers - you are going to have enough of a task explaining the proceedings without adding another layer for a metaphor ("now this volunteer is like my bank and this volunteer is like my wallet...").

Just announce you are going to do an amazing magic trick, making money move from one place to another. Then focus on finding some funny moments along the way.

My suggestions for brainstorming are:

What can go wrong? Wrong counting, wrong actions by volunteers, not having the right props, commenting on "How complicated IS this trick!"

What are you trying to emphasize?
How secure are the coins in each location?
How sure are the volunteers that they still have the coins they are holding?
How do the coins get from one place to another?

I like to remind myself that whatever else is going on onstage, mostly what the audience is watching is a magician and volunteers trying to do a magic trick. That is 'the truth' of what is going on onstage.

Best of luck

Peter G
http://www.funnymagic.com

P.S. My notes are not meant to deny anyone else's ideas - I really like Billy J 's idea. It's just my opinion that his idea is better used to get one big laugh somewhere midway through the routine rather than trying to make it an overall theme. Stretching it may end up just diluting it (forgive the mixed metaphor).
WhiteAngel
View Profile
Loyal user
West Virginia, USA
269 Posts

Profile of WhiteAngel
Suspectacts: I understand what you are saying. However, the Coins Across that I do is in a restaurant setting. The whole Coins Across routine is done in my hand. I could easily control the coins, and the patter would take the place of counting the coins.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy coins across (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL