The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Rich Marotta`s Fisbowl Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Risto L.
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
174 Posts

Profile of Risto L.
Has anyone purchased or performed Rich Marotta`s Fishbowl Production? Do you think it`s practical and worth the price ($200)? I guess this is best suited as an opener because of the body load, right? All the comments will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Risto
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5348 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I have seen Rich perform the fish bowl production as an opener. It fits his style and is strong as an opener for him.

Is it worth the $200.00 plus dollars for it? It is probably worth twice that to Rich. It should be worth it to anyone who uses it regularly. The real question for you is "Does a bowl of water (with or without fish) fit your performing style"?

You do get the necessary props, the wallet-to-bag (gimmicked to facilitate the production from the bag), the bowl, and a holder.

I don’t know which bowl he provides. It looks to be very similar to the Abbots production bowl in design.

I do know that you can buy an Abbotts’ production bowl that looks very similar to the one provided by Rich. The Abbotts bowl costs $50.00 and is designed to be secure enough to produce later in an act.

The best part of buying Rich Marotta’s trick is that you get his well thought out routine. It is a routine that is audience tested and works well for Rich.

Is it worth it? That is entirely up to you.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2732 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
A double fish-bowl production can be found in The Magic of Fawcett Ross by Supreme. I imagine the method is similar to Rich's method: The Fawcett Ross method uses real fish bowls and no tables.

You may have a real hard time finding this out-of-print book, but it does pop up from time to time on ebay.

I've not personally seen Rich's set up, but I have his Comedy Magic tape where he performs it, and it looks real good. Gets a terrific reaction too.

Ron Reid
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
Check out Barrie Richardson's Theatre of the Mind for a bowl of water production.
Risto L.
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
174 Posts

Profile of Risto L.
Right on, Mumblepeas. Of course the decision must be made according to the performer`s personal preferences and performing style. I am currently working on my new stand-up set and thought that this could make an excellent opener, as it fits the "theme" of my show very well. I`ve been using Burger`s Shot Glass Surprise for quite a while now and have noticed that productions of glasses/bowls full of liquid always get good reactions.

Darrin, do you mean the production of beer mug from the sleeve of your coat? Patrick Page showed it to me at his lecture a year ago. But you will definitely want to do it as an opener or at least before you sit down. Smile

Risto
John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
If my memory serves me correctly, the effect that's described in Barrie Richardson's Theatre of the Mind is actually the production of a glass of water, not a bowl of water.
"One arrow. One life."
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Check pages eight and nine of Theatre of The Mind for a bowl of water production. You need a lot of confidence in your setup otherwise it could be very embarrassing. The glass of water production works well and is a lot safer.
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
Quote:
On 2002-08-31 17:42, chappelly wrote:
Check pages eight and nine of Theatre of The Mind for a bowl of water production. You need a lot of confidence in your setup otherwise it could be very embarrassing. The glass of water production works well and is a lot safer.

Ah yes, "The Edge of Wetness!" I'm sure that Mr. Marotta's routine is great. The photo of the "fishbowl" as advertised looks like a regular clear bowl with a fish, not a "fishbowl" per se. Producing a bowl of water is still a great effect. (Sorry for nitpicking.) Smile
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Quote:
On 2002-08-30 23:48, Ron Reid wrote:
A double fish-bowl production can be found in The Magic of Fawcett Ross by Supreme. I imagine the method is similar to Rich's method: The Fawcett Ross method uses real fish bowls and no tables.

You may have a real hard time finding this out-of-print book, but it does pop up from time to time on ebay.

I've not personally seen Rich's set up, but I have his Comedy Magic tape where he performs it, and it looks real good. Gets a terrific reaction too.

Ron Reid

And it's a lot cheaper than $200! One of my absolute favorite books. Overlooked by most magicians, this is a veritable goldmine of stellar stand up material.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,

You can get as many copies of the Ross book as you like here for £22.50.

These people bought all of Supreme Magic books. Look under Ganson L as the author.

Phillip
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
Quote:
Hi,

You can get as many copies of the Ross book as you like here for £22.50.

These people bought all of Supreme Magic books. Look under Ganson L as the author.

Phillip

Phillip, you did everyone here a great favour by including the link to the Supreme books. I realize this topic has gotten a little bit off track, but for great, workable routines, you can't beat books like Magic With Faucett Ross, McComb's Magic, Ken Brooke's Magic—The Unique Years, or any of the other Supreme titles. Great value, even used, and overlooked by the crowd searching for the latest thing.
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi, just to clarify this:

Quote:
These people bought all of Supreme Magics books. Look under Ganson L as the author.

Phillip

Not all the Supreme books are under the Ganson L author, just the Faucett Ross and others that Ganson wrote. The other Supreme publications will be under their respective authors.

My initial post may have been a little confusing.

Phillip
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Hope it's better than the "Prediction Pad".
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Quote:
Hope it's better than the "Prediction Pad".

Hi,

Sorry but I do not understand what you mean by the above post.

Phillip
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I have a couple of Rich's effects. The Prediction Pad is not one of his better ones. I was hoping the fish bowl was better and I am sure it is. Smile
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Hugin
View Profile
New user
Oslo, Norway
15 Posts

Profile of Hugin
You can find a video of the Fishbowl Production at: http://www.magicboutique.com/
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
515 Posts

Profile of spatrick
I know Rich and I would have to say that the bowl production, filled with fish (because that's what it is), is actually pretty good. It must be used as an opener, as it is a BL. The cool part is the bag.

As far as it being worth $200, I would have to say no, however, it is not a cheap trick either.

Anyone who is good at arts and crafts can make the bowl, and the bag is easy to redo as well.

S. Patrick
mercede
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of mercede
I have "artistic fish". Anybody know if is possible to perform both effects at the same show?
Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
365 Posts

Profile of Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
I just feel like a fish out of water here.

ATPG
------------

We could have been practicing!
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
376 Posts

Profile of oagwood
A friend of mine has and performs this effect. For him it fits his style and really works. Worth the 200? Of course it is.

oliver
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Rich Marotta`s Fisbowl Production (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL