The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Farewell Steve Baker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Well, I just got off of the phone with Steve Baker a little while ago, and he asked me to pass something on to this board. He wishes to thank everyone here that has been so supportive of him, and his contributions to the escape and magic community, but because of the way that he has been treated by other individuals here, he has chosen to discontinue his membership on the Café. Steve feels that he has been very unfairly dealt with and cannot, in good conscience, stay any longer.

He also wishes for me to pass on that he will always be available to the serious Escape Artist, student, enthusiast, or anyone just looking to benefit from his knowledge and years of experience, and will always be willing to offer advice, or help out in any way that he can.

Anyone interested can contact him directly at MrESCAPE@juno.com. As long as your polite, he will definitely get back to you. You can also read some great stories written by Steve by going to his website at: http://members.aol.com/magicwebsites/baker/index.html There are some great stories on there now with a new one coming every Monday.

I'm hoping he will change his mind about the Café, but as for right now that's the way it is.

This information saddens me greatly and it is my sad duty to relay it to the board, but I can't say that it is totally unexpected, as I definitely saw this coming. I can only hope that things here will change for the better so that we don't lose all of our veteran performers, and the ones who have left will eventually return so that this art will continue, and flourish.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Sad, but understandable.Honour will over ride stupidity. I respect Steve`s decision.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
So do I and I don't see why people won't ignore some of the idiotic comments that come from others.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
943 Posts

Profile of Riley
This is very sad news. The petty squabbling (and sometimes, not so petty squabbling) is the main reason I post here less frequently myself.

Riley
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I was thinking of doing the same thing. but I won't give in I want/need to learn as much as I can.
James Peters
View Profile
Veteran user
Romford, UK
385 Posts

Profile of James Peters
Hi Tony,

Sorry to hear this news.

Eventually there'll be no-one left. I no longer post very much for the same reasons ....

Lurking quietly,

James.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Well this is a true shame. Although I too am not at all surprised. Good luck with what ever you do in the future Steve.

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
CARNEGIE
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of CARNEGIE
The easier address to Steve's site is http://www.mrescape.com
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Thanks for the shortcut Dean..I had that one too but wasn't sure it would get everyone else there.
Tony

PS Hey James, I just dropped Robin Fox off at the airport. He was in town for the NYC Marathon, a really nice guy. Don't worry buddy, I'll still be here even if I end up posting to myself
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
AJP once you begin posting to yourself, you can at least always be the correct one and win all of the arguments here. This board needs more help/advice then arguing.
MarkTripp
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
618 Posts

Profile of MarkTripp
I agree

Sadly the "I am the greatest" stuff, gets in the way all the time.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Evreyone has their own thoughts and opinions its Best if I Don't get a swelled Head. if I Did I'll Float Away Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Farewell Steve Baker (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL