The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » My First Time + Some Help with "Shinko" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jon
View Profile
New user
Israel
64 Posts

Profile of Jon
Hey all,
I'm a new user to this forum, but I've been reading other's messages for a while.
Yesterday was my first time performing magics to people who aren't my family or my friends:
I drove to a public park with another friend - who was the camera man - and started to ask people if they want to see a nice magic trick... to avoid the shame (it is pretty embarrass - you mest agree with me) we told them we are doing a psychological project for school Smile.
I didn't do anything outrageous, just the normal non-original tricks for street magic: Balducci Levitation, Shinko Arm Twist, 2 Card Monte, Biddle trick, Ambitious, things with my IT, etc...
The reactions were great! people have found hilarious solutions for the tricks. It was a great fun.
I'll definitely do it again.

Can you give an advice regarding to the Arm Twist: how do you misdirect the spectator in order to do the "special move" ? I usually improvise something but I'm afraid someone will see me doing it.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Lord*Of*ILLUZION
View Profile
Regular user
California
119 Posts

Profile of Lord*Of*ILLUZION
Jon--

Ask your spectator to mimic your moves, and if you're right handed, have them stand on your right side. As you crouch, instruct them to place their hand on the ground (the normal way). Then, reach over with your LEFT hand to adjust their right hand to the normal position. At this point you do the "secret move" Your left hand and body movement provides enough misdirection...Hope this helps
"Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » My First Time + Some Help with "Shinko" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL