The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » May I borrow your bladder? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan1000
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
Okay, maybe it's not called a bladder, but the accessory I'm looking for is like an air filled rubber bladder. It's attached by a long rubber tube to a rubber bulb. Squeeze (or step on) the bulb, and the bladder's inflated. It's like the kid's toy: squeeze the bulb and the toad hops.

The accessory I'm after is bigger, and doesn't have a toad attached. Smile

Do any of you know what this thing is called, and more importantly, where it may be for sale?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Jonathan
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I believe that what you're looking for is what magic shops sell as a "plate lifter" but I've never seen a "big" one.
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
I believe you're looking for a palpitator. I don't have a source for a big one, but you might consider a vinyl foot pump for bicycle tires/air mattresses and hook the tube up to a bladder from the inside of an inflated ball (reduce the bladder's size by gluing parts of it together) or that you make yourself out of whatever material is used to make river rafts.
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
I googled it, and Larry and Curt, you're both right, and very helpful. Some places even called it a "Plate lifter and palpitator".

And Larry, they are indeed small. I was hoping for something large enough to put a slight tilt to a small table, but I'd be surprised if these toys can do it. I ordered a couple, so I'll see.

Thanks to you both for your help!

Jonathan
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The biggest problem you will have with the average palpitator when trying to move a table, is that the bladder will pop off of the tube.

There are better ways to tilt a table. Since you will have to use a carpet to hide the mechanism, think of another way. PM me if you can't figure it out.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » May I borrow your bladder? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL