The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Cooing during act? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeff Jenson
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver, Colorado
319 Posts

Profile of Jeff Jenson
I'm new to dove magic and was just wondering do doves coo during your act? If so how do you stop them from cooing like when your talking into a mic. or even just standing there waiting for your music to start?
Jeff Jenson
"Keep The Magic Alive"
james_magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
124 Posts

Profile of james_magic
In my experience I've never had a dove coo during my act. I wonder if anyone else has?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I have certainly had doves coo during the act. Usually it is after they have been produced and they are resting on a perch with other doves. I leave it alone because the audience is entertained by it. You certainly can't force doves to coo. To me it shows the audience that the doves feel safe and comfortable. That is worth getting across to many of them. Some think we beat doves or something!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I'm with Bob on this. I've never had a dove coo while "loaded" whether in body style or prop. It's dark in those places and the cooing usually is halted. Once produced, it is not uncommon for them to coo.
Where the magic begins
Darcy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Darcy
When that happens In my act, while I'm talking I'll usually make a joke and try to get a laugh out of the audience. It shows that your not using "fake" birds and as Bob said it shows that they feel safe.

Darcy
Jeff Jenson
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver, Colorado
319 Posts

Profile of Jeff Jenson
All of you guys have a good point, I'll just have to see what they do.
Jeff Jenson
"Keep The Magic Alive"
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I don't think the coo is a problem but the poo can be a little embarrassing....
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
The old line that goes with that is "I just tell them what to do, not when."

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
HAHAHAHAAH I like that Bob, if a bird makes a little mess I say "at least you know she is real"....
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Those are good lines! I like to grimace and mutter, "Everyone's a critic."
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
I like this line in an ADULT show setting...

Uh, I told him to sit.

While it's not for every audience, it usually produces a good laugh when used at the right time.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
My birds have cooed in my show but I have music when I do my dove magic so no one hear them Kyle
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
When I used a doves to rabbit several years ago, they cooed all the time. I had one very dominant male, who would often... well, lets say... "cuddle" with the female that I produced just moments after the male. Nothing is much more embarassing than looking over, and one dove is on top of the other. But anyway, he would coo a lot prior to her submission. *** poultry...

Dave

PS - My cockatoo sometimes screams back stage, AFTER he has been produced... he just wants to come back out. I've never had him scream while "loaded."

http://www.DaveWomach.com
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
I keep my doves seperated, so when they are together it's usually considered 'neutral ground' and for the limited duration they are together I never have had any problems.

I think that the key is to practice with, and know your birds. If you know their personalities, and they know and are comfortable with you I don't think that you will have any problems.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Cooing during act? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL