The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Rabbit out of hat! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
A-Cubed
View Profile
New user
Blackpool
7 Posts

Profile of A-Cubed
This has got to be the most symbolic trick to the public yet I use this and get a great reaction!
I think because it isn't original it doesn;t get the respect it deserves!
showing an 'empty' hat and pulling streamers and rabbits etc out of it is something kwite cool to most people!
any other views?
Yours

Chris
Whatever your needs in entertainments whether its a manager or an agent etc just contact me at a_cubed_the_volume@hotmail.com
and i will do my best to help
***********CHRIS KEMP************
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Great to hear you are doing this trick.
There is something about a live rabbit that appeals to people young and old.
Congrats!
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Caution
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of Caution
It's about time some body did this effect again. It's been joked about for ever but rarely seen.
Mike
UBKuel, IBkuel.
A-Cubed
View Profile
New user
Blackpool
7 Posts

Profile of A-Cubed
I'm glad people agree and it goes down well with all ages given the right kinda patter!
Is the anybody else that uses this trick and if so does anybody have any other effect for it?
ideas or new patters etc. for it?

Yours

Chris
Whatever your needs in entertainments whether its a manager or an agent etc just contact me at a_cubed_the_volume@hotmail.com
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
There's a tv commrecial airing currently that has a magician working in a motel lounge reaching into his top hat and coming out with a rabbit biting on his finger. The rabbit bites and finally lets go then causes some mayhem and finally with a couple of mighty hops leaves the scene. For the life of me I don't remember what or who it's advertising but I remember the rabbit coming out of the hat!!

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
Hi

I have only ever seen this once live.

It is a wonderful effect but limited to where you can perform it.

Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
As an added piece of humor, you could fill the hat with "Whoppers" candy. After producing the rabbit, turn the hat over and spill out the contents. Bad rabbit!! Smile

Phil
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I used to do it at birthday parties, back in the olden days when I did birthday parties! I quit when I developed an allergy to the rabbit. That was really unfortunate, because I had a really cool blue-eyed white Netherlands dwarf rabbit that was pretty smart for a rabbit.

He and my schnauzer played together like puppies!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Rabbits say magic to a lot of folks!!! We had a giant Polish Lop named Mr. Pellets. His specialty was hopping out the front opening of a large sword box and sitting up on his back legs. We tied a blue bandana around his neck. My son practiced with him everyday. Mr. Pellets didn't seem to mind at all.

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
jonnycardel
View Profile
New user
England (lakes)
50 Posts

Profile of jonnycardel
Can anyone tell me what breed of rabbit are best behaved
Magician walks down the road and turned into a bar, da daaa
A-Cubed
View Profile
New user
Blackpool
7 Posts

Profile of A-Cubed
Quote:
On 2004-11-11 22:29, Bill Palmer wrote:
I used to do it at birthday parties, back in the olden days when I did birthday parties! I quit when I developed an allergy to the rabbit. That was really unfortunate, because I had a really cool blue-eyed white Netherlands dwarf rabbit that was pretty smart for a rabbit.

He and my schnauzer played together like puppies!

I'm really kwite touched...dats proper sweet...
fanx agen

Chris
robb_randall
View Profile
New user
surprise, arizona
23 Posts

Profile of robb_randall
Quote:
On 2004-11-12 11:29, jonnycardel wrote:
Can anyone tell me what breed of rabbit are best behaved

Stuffed...
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I agree with Robb. Stuffed ones are not as messy and they are far less expensive to feed too.

:lol:

Regan
Mister Mystery
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Real people like to touch real rabbits.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I produce a spring skunk on every possible ocassion and it gets a great reaction, and everyone wants to pet it, until I make a snarling sound as he jumps towards the specs....

And he takes far less care than a live...anything.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Funny thing is I use a real rabbit and lately the kids have been saying this to me after the shows:

"Was that a real rabbit"
daleshrimpton
View Profile
Regular user
the u.k
135 Posts

Profile of daleshrimpton
Before I became alergic to BUNNIES, I used a female Netherland dwarf, and also a dwarf lop.
the effect is a clasic, and does not fail to get a good result, however these days nobody wears a hat in day to day life, so folks expect it to be a faked hat.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2004-11-16 02:09, Candini wrote:
Funny thing is I use a real rabbit and lately the kids have been saying this to me after the shows:

"Was that a real rabbit"

I get that sometimes too Candini. I think it means you are doing something right. The kids just have a hard time believing it is real at first. When I first make the production is usually when I hear, "Is that a real rabbit?", then when it sinks in or they see the rabbit move, it changes to, "Wow, it's a real rabbit!"

I have one rabbit that I use most of the time that is up at the front of the box just waiting for the door to open. When it does, he just sticks his head out and looks down and around. I love him to death. It makes the illusion look so much better. The box looks completely full. I had one rabbit at the other end of the spectrum. He didn't want to move and would just sit there most of the time. When the door opened, he would be at the back of the box, sitting sideways. It didn't look nearly as impressive to me.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Perl
View Profile
Veteran user
Taiwan
376 Posts

Profile of Perl
It is a cool trick for small children... animals appeal to their senses, especially when they are alive and able to jump around after they are out from the hat.... remember when I was in kindergarden I was really amazed by the rabbit trick...
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Mark wilson was great at this when I was a kid. it helped spark my interest.

I used it in my show for quite a while. I came up with an elaborate comedy routine for kids (and family audiences also) that had everyone in stitches.

I retired it because I want to go pack small play big now, and their was just SO much trouble packing the props, and dragging the rabbit to every show.

PLUS, you had the grief of having to preset the effect behind a backdrop so as not to pre reveal and spoil the surprise. Then, you had the worry of the rabbit escaping before the effect came on, so you had to do it early in the show and get it over with.

It was basicly just a lot of headaches although I dearly loved the effect and it's impact on the audience. sadly, I'm getting older, and don't have the energy and gumption to mess with all that hassle.

Anyone here found a way to make this trick hassle free? That would be GREAT!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Rabbit out of hat! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL